Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC JSV Approved! Yes! How about partner?

Red face SMC JSV Approved! Yes! How about partner?

Hi All
    Just got the SMC SJV approved today , and here are my timelines :
    • EOI Submitted with 140 point w/o JO: 18/03/2015
    • EOI Selected: 18/03/2015
    • Invitation to Apply: 27/03/2015
    • Application Submitted: 11/07/2015
    • Application Received: 16/07/2015
    • Application Lodged: 20/07/2015
    • Additional Document Requested1: 20/07/2015
    • Full Medical Received (via e-Medical): 20/07/2015
    • Additional Document Sent1a: 25/07/2015
    • Additional Document Received1a: 31/07/2015
    • Case Officer Allocated (Rhoda Tio): 07/08/2015
    • Additional Document Sent1b: 12/08/2015
    • Additional Document Received1b: 14/08/2015
    • Additional Document Requested2: 31/08/2015
    • Additional Document Received2: 07/09/2015
    • Invitation for Interview: 09/09/2015
    • Interview: 18/09/2015
    • Interview Transcript: 18/09/2015
    • Interview Transcript Replied: 18/09/2015 & 20/09/2015
    • SMC Job Search Visa: 15/10/2015 (online status still “Resident – Pending”)

1aSelf Statutory Declaration & followed by 1bPolice Certificate
    2Income Tax, CPF Statement, Proof of Employment

Knowing that SMC JSV is given to main applicant only but I would like to know if there is way for my wife to accompany me in NZ.
    Will it become an issue if she applies visitor visa independently during this time?

stated in the approval email "Evidence of sufficient funds for the maintenance and accommodation of you (and/or) any accompanying family members for a period of at least three months in New Zealand, AND for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand for yourself (and/or) any accompanying family members; the evidence should be certified copies;"
    is that mean I can bring my wife?

or is there any other way for my wife to go with me to NZ ?

Your support and suggestion means a lot to me. Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Yulius
    Last edited by Yulius; 15th October 2015 at 07:46 PM.

Hi,

If you are approved with SMC JSV, wife will not be allowed to travel with you (as dependent / secondary applicant) as JSV will be issued to Main Applicant only.

Usually COs say, they (wife or other family members) need to apply on their own right and separate application need to be completed.
    She can apply for visitor visa.

Regards,
    Raju

Congra, Yulius!!
    Mind to tell what profession you are in?

By the way, congratulations...

what the reason not getting rv instead sjv? if rv ur wife n kids can go with u

moonrider, the interview with your CO decides if you get refused, the SMC JSV, or straight Residence. Nobody gets told exactly what they said, or didn't say, that makes the CO conclude what you should be offered. SM21.10 d, g and h here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm

Yulius, the whole point of the SMC JSV is for the main applicant to go alone and concentrate all their time and resources on getting a skilled job. As soon as they do that and get their deferred Residence, then their partner and any children who were on the original SMC application get their Residence, too, and can join them.

This may seem harsh, but it was a rule change in response to what had become an even harsher problem. Under the old regulations, when a family was allowed to go with a JSV holder, they would find a home, maybe the partner, on an open visa, would find a job, and the children would settle into school. But if, in nine months, the JSV holder had NOT got a skilled job, they would all be told to leave the country. Of course, it was a heartbreaking thing for this group of people, having to tear up the life they had begun to make for themselves, and even worse if, despite all warnings, they had sold up their home in their original country and now had nothing to go back to. That is why the law is now as it is.

The only way for your partner to get to NZ while you are there would be to apply for a Visitor's Visa in her own right, but it is very unlikely that it would be granted, for the same reasons as above.

Quote Originally Posted by Raju View Post
    Hi,

If you are approved with SMC JSV, wife will not be allowed to travel with you (as dependent / secondary applicant) as JSV will be issued to Main Applicant only.

Usually COs say, they (wife or other family members) need to apply on their own right and separate application need to be completed.
    She can apply for visitor visa.

Regards,
    Raju
    Hi Raju, do you have any personal experience about this? I am planning to let my wife apply visitor visa independently, but confused what to declare for the purpose of visit. Should it be just for holiday, or to accompany spouse during job search?

Quote Originally Posted by leekinming View Post
    Congra, Yulius!!
    Mind to tell what profession you are in?
    Hi Leekinming, thanks
    I applied under Developer Programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    moonrider, the interview with your CO decides if you get refused, the SMC JSV, or straight Residence. Nobody gets told exactly what they said, or didn't say, that makes the CO conclude what you should be offered. SM21.10 d, g and h here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm

Yulius, the whole point of the SMC JSV is for the main applicant to go alone and concentrate all their time and resources on getting a skilled job. As soon as they do that and get their deferred Residence, then their partner and any children who were on the original SMC application get their Residence, too, and can join them.

This may seem harsh, but it was a rule change in response to what had become an even harsher problem. Under the old regulations, when a family was allowed to go with a JSV holder, they would find a home, maybe the partner, on an open visa, would find a job, and the children would settle into school. But if, in nine months, the JSV holder had NOT got a skilled job, they would all be told to leave the country. Of course, it was a heartbreaking thing for this group of people, having to tear up the life they had begun to make for themselves, and even worse if, despite all warnings, they had sold up their home in their original country and now had nothing to go back to. That is why the law is now as it is.

The only way for your partner to get to NZ while you are there would be to apply for a Visitor's Visa in her own right, but it is very unlikely that it would be granted, for the same reasons as above.
    Hi JandM

Thanks for your explanation. I believe this case happens to many people in this forum so I'd like to hear about any experience in applying visitor visa for the spouse. I cannot find any explanation from immigration website saying that partner of SMC JSV cannot apply for visitor visa.

Anybody would like to share your experience?

They can apply - nobody can stop them. But the basis of a visitor's visa is that the person intends to visit NZ temporarily, then go back home to their own country. When the spouse of the holder of the SMC JSV applies for a visitor's visa, INZ can easily guess that s/he doesn't intend to go back home if s/he can possibly help it, and the visa can be refused on such as grounds as there being insufficient proof of ties in the home country to ensure that s/he will willingly leave at the end of the visa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast