A friend of mine will b eligible to apply for PR label (indefinite residence on completion of two years) in August 2016. His passport will expire in September 2016.

In this situation, if he applies and get the labels placed on the current passport he have to do the same again for the new passport just after one month that would probably cost him the same amount of fee for the new label.

Second option could be to renew the passport first, apply for current residence labels (PR with two year travel condition label existing one but on the new passport) on the new passport and then apply for the indefinite PR labels on the new passport.

Any comments and suggestion are requested.