Thread: Visa issue

Unhappy Visa issue

Hi There

I am in stressed situation, 12 days ago my work visa got declined

1. I havn't recvd my passport yet, anyone have idea why I haven't recvd yet.

2. I want to take further study in New Zealand so I met with a lawyer and she applied my reqst undr section 61 and there are further more prblems that I am living with my partner from 2 years but I haven't mentioned that in my previous applications, also I have one sponser but he was a bankrupt more than 10 years ago .

So my lawyer have asked me to provide some relationship proof which is submitted with the reqst. anyone have any idea what are the chances of reqst acceptance or what is the best way to apply for student visa. Do I need to go back and apply the visa from there.

Please help me

1. This is just normal waiting for it to be your paperwork's turn to be dealt with among hundreds of others in a busy office, plus the time to go through the post, I expect.

Were you on a work visa already, before this application? What kind of work visa was it you applied for, which has now been declined?

Relationship proof - see old threads to give you an idea what is going to be necessary. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Basically, take your lawyer's advice, because you have committed several errors already and stacked the odds against yourself. INZ regulations are part of the NZ law. Everyone has to look at the regulations, and show clearly how THEIR situation fits, so the INZ officials can just tick off the requirements. If they can't do that, they HAVE to refuse the application. Claiming a partner that you haven't told them about before can look like an attempt at fraud, and if they decide it really was that, it can mean you will NEVER be given a visa for NZ, or other countries. So it is really important to help the lawyer prove you really are in a relationship, and that not telling INZ was just a thoughtless mistake.

Next thing - nobody can apply for a visa if they are in NZ illegally, so this approach under Section 61 is all that can be done for the moment. Until you are sorted out and legal, put the idea of being a student to one side for the time being - you can't legally apply.

Hi Dear, thanks for the reply.

It was a open work visa earlier , I had applied for work visa on the basis of my job .

Regarding the relationship proof - I provided around 2000 pics, tenancy agreement, joint bank account statement.

I mean to say that I will go to my country and then apply student visa from there, is there any chance of that.

I'm still not clear. You had a work visa because of your job, then you applied for a partner-sponsored work visa? Or you had an open visa (maybe WHV), then you applied for a work visa because of your job?

What has the lawyer now applied for on your behalf?

You still could not apply for a student visa till after your present situation is sorted out one way or the other. Take your lawyer's advice to make sure you keep straight with the law. If you do anything illegal, you might mess up your chance of getting ANY visa after this. Don't think about trying to put in any other application at the moment - it will get rejected, and it might also cut across your lawyer's work and what she is trying to get done for you.

After that, if you haven't got any visa at that time, then from your own country you could look and see if you can meet the requirements for a student visa. See here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...hatisrequired/

I did study here then I got open work visa for 1 year. in that open work visa i got job and I applied work visa on the base of that. but that one got declined.

My lawyer put request under section 61 that I want to do further study now.

Okay. The part of what I said before that definitely applies is this - Take your lawyer's advice to make sure you keep straight with the law. If you do anything illegal, you might mess up your chance of getting ANY visa after this. Wait for the outcome of what she is handling for you. I know it is hard to be patient, but that is the same for everyone waiting for replies about visas. Good luck.

thanks dear, yah I am doing what she is telling me to do.. I am just going with my lawyer. Hope so I will get something good soon..