Thread: Moving to New Zealand with 17 old girlfriend

Default Moving to New Zealand with 17 old girlfriend

Hello,
    I am living with my girlfriend in the UK at the moment but we were both dreaming about New Zealand for years.

We want to move together in half a year but we have no idea where to start.

Our biggest problem is she can move out with me while being at the of 17?

She will be 18 at July, but i don't know if we will stay here any longer.

I don't know if she can get student's visa while she is learning online in Polish school.

The situation is kinda easier for me while i can work at any job but from profession I am an artist (illustrator and designer) but I am self-taught, so i don't have any degree or something.

The next thing is - i want to go to school too while working in NZ, is this possible?

I am 20 but i don't have certifications from my Highschool from Poland.

Thanks in advance for advices.

Please move the thread if it's in wrong forum topic.

New Zealand has a points based immigration system. The more (documented) qualifications you have, the more points you get. There are also lists of professions that are in high demand in New Zealand for which you get extra points. Without formal qualifications, you will probably struggle to get enough points. As for your underage girlfriend, don't even go there. She'd probably need to bring her parents.

No you cant study while being on work visa however you can apply for study visa and work 20 hours per week but in that case you will have to pay International student fee which is about 3 times higher as compare to domestic student. All students get one year open work visa after completing the studies and during that time if you find skilled job you can apply for residency visa. As I assumed from your post, you dont have any qualifications so applying for residency without study visa might not be an option for you.

Best wishes

You need to get to know the Immigration New Zealand website. Start from here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ and follow through the linked pages, and you will see what the requirements are for the different kinds of visa.

In general, the NZ government's attitude to foreign workers is that they will swap the right to live and work there, for the foreigner's ability, proved by qualifications and/or experience, to bring some skill to the NZ economy that will make a contribution.