Thread: interview doubts

Default interview doubts

I have read the questions available in this useful forum threads. But I am still worried if the interview has the type of ask questions based on my answers or it is just the interviewer has list of questions that s/he needs an answer for them instead of keep digging up on my answers?
    for example when i answer short general asnwer to why NZ like 'i chose nz to have a better life because of the balanced work-life style, education, health system and security'
    Then S/he would start asking on each part of my answers then relates it of so why not canada or any country that might have the same to offer.
    Can you guys who experienced the interview explain to me more about the interview?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

As I recall my interview, she only asked me whether I have ever been to NZ and thats all. She didnt wait for me to continue answering why I want to go to NZ. Then, she asked me general questions around what all do I know about education, then healthcare. It was opportune moment for me to download whatever I understood. She seemed satisfied (but one can never really tell). She rarely counter questioned, which I though would be often, but I was wrong. She stated in the beginning of the call that she didnt expect specifics and generalization would do but she may want to know examples (this she asked in reference to job opportunities, applications made, etc.).

My other friend that went thru interview said his CO was quite interested in counter questioning and digging deeper.

I guess its a CO thing. Anyway, hope this is of some help to you.

Thanks Jerry for your input, i am really anxious about the interview and how it will go through. Thanks again for sharing your experience

from my experience:

It seemed like the CO had a list of questions and he wanted to go thru them in the stipulated time. Although he asked several follow up questions, most of the time they were not very deep. If you are applying under SMC, be prepared to talk about your current job, job prospects in NZ and how you plan to settle in a new country. You can expect a good deal of follow up question on these topics.

One suggestion that worked for me during the preparation stage: instead of writing full answers for sample questions, just list down bullet points. This way your answers won't feel scripted and you will think more about what to say.

All the best.

I haven't been to any interview myself but I have heard from friends that mostly they were asked about NZ Culture, healthcare system, education, work cultures in NZ and what would you do if you don't get job easily or within couple of months and something like that etc. So make sure you prepare all that. They just want to make sure that you wont be a burden on the government and you will add value to NZ.

Good Luck