Avalon wrote (in another thread)

the search for Fly Screens today - everyone we talked was in the "cant" category
As I was babysitting a sick doggy today (she's perked up now) I was searching around for Fly/Bug screens too. I was intrigued as to what was out there as we have been told our new house has been "spider proofed" - I did a search on the ol' faithful Google but not a lot comes up for spider proofing in NZ!! How on EARTH does one spider proof a house??!!!!! Anti-web paint?!! It's not spiders I'm worried about - it's flying bugs!

Avalon - what were their reasons for "can't" do bug screens for you??

And, still on the topic of bugs - what do people use when outside in the evening to stop being bombarded with zillions of bugs and moths??!!

Oh, and one more bug story. In the library yesterday I helped a guy photocopy a load of medical bills for an insurance claim. He'd been bitten by a beetle which has arrived in NZ from Oz, and he was paralysed down the bitten side for a few days and his jaw clenched shut and he had to be fed by a tube!! Anyone heard any news stories about these critters - I hadn't!!

Yours itchingly,

Moorf