Thread: Australian Biometrics test

Default Australian Biometrics test

Hi

I've NZ resident Visa and have applied Australian Transit visa on 10 Oct this month.

Just a query do I need to do Biometrics test because I have not got any email from TTS which should say to do this test and moreover, the Australian website (http://newzealand.embassy.gov.au/wlt...migration.html) is saying that they will send us some email if they need this test.

Could someone advise me please has someone got any email from TTS reg this? If yes, whats written in that?
    Thanks

HI,
    Were you asked to take a biometrics test? I am applying for a transit visa this month and travelling in September.

Cheers.

Applicants ought to make an appointment with TTS Australia to take the finger print.

From my understanding, it seems everyone needing a visa, transit or otherwise applying for that visa within NZ, does require the biometrics test. We worked out it was cheaper to fly Auckland - Dubai direct, than having to fly to Auckland from Wellington, just to get the test done....for a 2 hour stopover in Australia....Totally over the top Boarder Force now in Australia....why they can't do it on arrival is beyond me.

Seriously, I had booked tickets to India via Australia cos that was the cheapest. Now I have to go Wellington to Auckland for just a transit visa, which is going to cost more! So frustrating.
    Why they need my fingerprints for a 2hour transit!

Because India isn't on the list of countries exempted from transit visa.
    So even if it's 2 hour transit but the airplane does require landing in Australian soil, a transit visa is required, even if you don't leave the airplane.

If you're from the Philippines, Thailand or Indonesia, a transit visa is not required if you remain in the transit facility up to 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by paua View Post
    From my understanding, it seems everyone needing a visa, transit or otherwise applying for that visa within NZ, does require the biometrics test. We worked out it was cheaper to fly Auckland - Dubai direct, than having to fly to Auckland from Wellington, just to get the test done....for a 2 hour stopover in Australia....Totally over the top Boarder Force now in Australia....why they can't do it on arrival is beyond me.
    Why?
    Because the whole point of such test (fingerprint) is to match the person getting the visa with the person actually arriving.