Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Residence Visa (Nerves)

Default Permanent Residence Visa (Nerves)

Hi All,

Recently I came back to NZ with expired travel conditions (coming back on the 10th of October) when my Travel Conditions expired on the 13th of September. I was not aware of this when leaving the country on the 31st of August for my first holiday in two years since coming to the country in September 2013.

So when I arrived I was let into the country on a visitors visa to apply for my visa again.

The monday after I arrived I submitted my appllication for PR as a previous resident (as you can when its less than 3 months expired) and now it has been processed and submitted back to me. The online application doesn't show anything in regards to PR but it did show my Visitors visa and expiry.

So on Friday I rang Immigration as they had changed my status, the woman on the phone said she couldnt advise me to the decision until I recieve my documents in the post but now my Visitors visa isnt showing online, so can I assume that it may have been approved?

I'm really hoping for some good news so I can start work again next week, I don't see any reason why it wouldnt be approved as I was here 300 days of each year in the 2 years of my residency visa!

Has anyone else had a similar expierence with PR? and why cant they just tell me over the phone !

Thanks

Yes, I have heard of this happening with other people. In every case, the person has felt DREADFUL, just as you do - natural human reaction.

What is the entry online, apart from there being no visitor's visa?

They don't tell things like this over the phone because of possible security breaches. If the voice on the phone turned out to be someone different, who happened to have got hold of some of your paperwork, INZ would be at fault for sharing some of your personal information. There's nothing to be done but wait for the post.

Well they tell me PR applications don't show online. But up until Friday my visitors visa that was due to expire on the 10th of November was there showing. After the completion of the application by INZ on Friday it now doesn't show... I would assume that if they approved it it would override my visitors visa, and if they had rejected it surely he visitors visa would still show on there as I'd have till the tenth?

I'm really hoping for some good news all my life's over here as well as my partner who is NZ citizen!

Does your Residence visa show?

Not my PR but my original residence visa does they told me PR doesn't really show online originally when I was asking them why anything with the application doesn't show

But my original residence still shows the original expiry

And what does the detail of your Residence visa show? Doesn't it say now that there are NO travel conditions, or no expiry date on travel conditions? If I remember rightly, that's what signifies that someone has PR.

Just shows the original expiry date and that's the only thing that shows online now. It used to show that and my visitors visa that was to expire on the 10th of November. I applied for the PR using that form which was for existing or previous residents if I remember rightly. I guess it's more and just wait and see in the post?

I just thought if they wouldn't have approved it it'd still show the visitors visa? As wouldn't I still have till the tenth

I think you're right. (It would be good if INZ would actually put up "PR approved", though!)

Well I'll keep you updated going to be a nerve racking couple of days I wouldn't have took the holiday to see family if I knew this would have happened!

Thanks JandM you help a lot of people on this forum and you're a credit to the community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast