Thread: Work Visa cut short!

Default Work Visa cut short!

Hello Everyone!

Just looking for some help please,

My boyfriend (Hungarian) has just been granted a 5 month WORK visa through the partnership category, We had applied for 6 month so not sure why it was cut short one month? (Makes such a difference but at the same time we are still grateful)
    He spent 3 months Feb-May this year as a visitor in NZ, joining myself as i had come over to so some work here.

Just wondering if those 3 months as a visitor would have affected his work visa in any way? Or possibly some mix up .. people do make mistakes from time to time.

Any experts on the subject who might be able to help?
    Thank you in advance!

Louise
    Last edited by Louisee; 1st November 2015 at 08:28 PM.

You should ask INZ about this. There is nothing in the publicly available regulations that gives a reason for INZ to do this. You may find that it was a mistake, and when you ask, they just give him the extra month, but otherwise, at least you will know why it happened.

In any case, congratulations for the time he has been granted.

Don't forget to KEEP COLLECTING EVIDENCE, because you will need it to add on to what you already have when you apply for his next partner-sponsored visa, either another work visa, or Residence, which you can go for as soon as you have 12 months' proof.

Is his passport due to expire? With the 5 months he has been given now will that take him beyond a total stay of 12 months, and he hasn't provided a full medical?

Thanks for the possible explanations, Chris.

Thanks guys for your comments,
    Passport is not due to expire, and altogether if they are including the 3 months here as a visitor earlier in the year it should only be 9 months..

I've called immigration today and got through to someone on the advice line.. He was looking into it and I was put on hold for 30 minutes... then got cut off. No success!

Will try again tomorrow :/

hii thanx for your previous help
    i have got my work visa on partnership basis
    and now m thinking for residency can u please guide me when snd ehat should i do
    thanx

Keep any evidence that INZ returned to you from your partnership application, and continue collecting the same kind of evidence to show that you are still living together. You can apply for partner-sponsored residence whenever you have proof that you have been living together for at least 12 months - you don't have to wait till the end of your work visa. Even after you application has gone in, keep collecting evidence, because INZ commonly ask for more, just before granting the visa.

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa are the details about applying for the residence visa. Click on the red button near the bottom of the page to see all the details of what you need to do for the actual application.