Thread: Money Transfer Limits?

Default Money Transfer Limits?

Hi. We are due to move back to NZ soon & have been looking at the transfer rates with Transferwise the best, we are looking at potentially transferring any money left after clearing mortgage etc but transferwise seem to have a limit of $85000 but we would be looking at much more than that with the house sale. Anybody had similar problems? any advise greatly appreciated.

Sorry I do not have answer to your question but I was looking for converting NZD to INR but Transferwise does not have an option to convert NZD. Can you please advice how you were able to convert NZD using transferwise?

PS: Personally I would not prefer to transfer large sum in one transaction and would transfer in smaller chunks over few days. I have used Transferwise before and unlike other banks it does not offer different exchange rates depending on amount transferred (e.g. 0-10K, 10K-50K, 50K+)

I have just completed a transfer from USD to NZD this week with Transferwise, so they definitely can do inbound transactions to New Zealand. They can't currently go from NZD to another currency but are looking into that facility.

I had several conversations with their support on phone and via email and found them extremely responsive and helpful, so I'd just ring them and ask or drop them an email about the maximum amount. At worst you might need to do multiple transactions, as ychaudhari suggested.

I used to use Moneycorp, but switched to NZForex because their rates for GBP to NZD were better, proceeds got here quicker, and there were no additional fees. I recently brought over the sale proceeds of my house. Booked a deal on the phone to get a better rate for a bigger amount, and then transferred daily amounts of £30k until the full amount was ready for the deal to take place. The £30k daily limit was imposed by my bank, not NZForex.