Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Residency application in Henderson Branch

Question Residency application in Henderson Branch

Hi Everyone,

I live in south Island, i got my EOI approved in July,2015 And I got my New work visa in August,2015.
    I apply my Residency in Mid September,2015.
    Henderson Branch received application on 18/09/15, And My lawyer got email on 30/09/15.. Immigration said. officer will be appoint in next 3-4 months..

Just want to ask .. how much time it takes to appoint case officer ..
    and how Henderson Branch Process residency application.. because i live in south island.

Thanks

Hello.

It varies, is the only answer anyone can tell you. It depends on how many people have applied just before you did, and how things are going in the office, with things that can happen anywhere, like people going for training, or being off sick. The 3 - 4 months till you get a CO is INZ's best guess, based on how things have been going on average lately, but it's not a promise.

As for processing your application, they probably won't do it very quickly, because people who already have a work visa don't get highest priority. IF... and I don't say this will happen, but it might... if you get to within eight weeks of the expiry date of your work visa, then it's a good idea to get in touch with INZ and remind them, also asking them, 'Will my Residence be through in time, or should I apply for another work visa?' Very often, when people do that, the Residence visa appears very shortly afterwards. But the branch web page says six to nine months is their aim. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/ This http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ProcessMap.pdf might also be of interest.

I also had my application in Henderson, it will take min 3 months. to get CO. They used be the fastest but theses days they are very slow. So, I would say just wait.

thanks guys for reply..

Actually I just want to process quickly because from 1st of November, policy change for residency.. and its more favorable, who lives in south island.

Hi udi

Our application was officially Lodge in Christchurch on the 2nd July 2015 and latter it was transferred to Henderson and on 13th October we receive an email from our LIA stating that CO had been allocated today (13th October) and she require ird statement and pay slips and we send it to him the next day for onwards forwarding to our CO

and today its about 3 working weeks no news/update from co

still in the waiting game

Hi catash,

thanks for sharing.. hope u will get reply soon. good Luck..

EVERYBODY wants to get processed quickly!

By the way, the new regulations that have just come in are these. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...skillswork.htm

Hi,
    I haven't got any update yet ..
    is it fine to call and ask ?

There is no point in contacting them at the moment. You haven't even got to three months yet, and they said three or four. Mentions of time from INZ are more like hopeful guesses than definite statements. When going through the application process, there is an awful lot of 'hurry up and wait'. All the INZ officials are dealing with many cases as well as your own, and delays can arise from factors affecting others of those cases.

Everything at INZ works by managed queues. When your ITA was received, it would join the end of the queue of other ITAs, according to the date order. Each Case Officer has a certain workload - a number of cases that are theirs to deal with. The newly arrived ITAs have to wait till one of the COs has finished with some of their cases, and can take on some more. When an ITA is eventually assigned to a CO, it will again join the back of THAT queue for the CO's attention, as s/he takes the top file, does what s/he can actively do, puts that file to the back, works everything s/he can on that case, goes to the next, and so on.

There is no way to tell how many other people's ITAs were in the queue to be assigned already, on the day yours arrived. There is no way to tell how easy or difficult the cases already being worked in the office are turning out to be, which affects the time passing until COs are ready to take more files into their personal allocation. There is no way to tell if three experienced COs in that office might leave and need to be replaced, with the new COs needing training. There is no way to tell if there could be a flu epidemic affecting the whole building. This is why INZ cannot promise anything about timings.

Thanks you to sharing your knowledge. ..
    I can't wait because i been waiting for residency since last 7 years. but anyway thanks for that.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast