Thread: Failed Lodgements- Family partnership resident visa

Default Failed Lodgements- Family partnership resident visa

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum.
    I have known this forum since 2008 and from time to time I read through to gather valuable information.
    I appreciate the admin of this forum for putting together this wonderful info.

I would need help please.

I am NZ resident (since 2009) and have applied for my wife's resident visa under family: partnership category at Manukau branch.
    2 weeks after lodgement, we received application along with all documents back stating "failed lodgement" due to missing original birth certificate.
    within 3 hours receiving this application- we included what was missing (Luckily we had original BC handy)and filled up new application form and re-submitted to the same branch.
    we just saw online status- as pending today with no visible lodgement date. however this time its a new application number.
    Now my question is what would be a lodgement date for this new application, ? the initial date i.e few weeks ago or yesterday's date?
    do INZ check all sorts of documents again and then accepts or just check the missing document and straight away accepts it?

would this problem cause any further delays in processing?

Thank you so much :-)

I don't think anyone from outside INZ can tell you the answers to this for certain. But I THINK you will find that this is treated as a new application with a date around now, not the one from a few weeks ago. And yes, I'm afraid they will almost certainly start again from the beginning - it's not necessarily going to be the same person dealing with your file, and in any case, all that paperwork has been out of their control, and has now come back, so even if they had the original check-list, there's no proof that everything would still be present.

New date,,, i was in same situation got new lodgement date

Hi Gary_Wendy and JandM.

Thank you for your information in response to my post.
    I guess It is a bit of waste of time for INZ to return all documents just because of missing a single document. why don't they contact the applicant and ask them to drop it or send it and hold the application in the mean time. It could save INZ's thousands of bucks.
    anyways, Gary_Wendy, how long it took yours to see a visible date again after lodging a new application. did you notice that they might give priority for this kind of failed lodgements re-application at all?
    I guess the waiting game starts now. the whole process might take between 6-9 months.
    some of our friends took just few months.

Thank you once again.
    Its lovely bright day today :-)

Check out my reply to other posts for more information

Hi Kiwihealth

I had failed lodgement too. I submitted a week after..sent it by courier as I did not have time to go to the immigration office. I received an automated email a couple of days after my application was received (signed off by a recipient). The lodgement date is the date I received the email, and this date was visible as soon as I logged in on line.