Thread: Options & timings for Permanent Visa stamping

Default Options & timings for Permanent Visa stamping

Hi all,

I am starting a new thread as I couldn't find the answer on the forum despite many similar questions!
    My residency application has just been approved today by the London branch so my family and I are looking forward to settling in NZ!

I am a little confused however regarding stamping options and timings. My understanding is the last steps are now 1) paying the migrant levy and 2) getting the blue sticker in our passports - which is supposed to take about 20 working days. We would like to travel to NZ around mid-January. However we are travelling to Denmark next week and we will visit our family in France over Christmas, both of which travels will require using our passports.

Is there any quicker option to get our passports stamped - like making an appointment directly to the London branch? Or are we allowed to travel to NZ as tourists and have our passports stamped upon arrival?

Many thanks,

Christel

It has been known for some INZ offices to allow applicants to attend in person to get their visas put in their passports. I think it depends how busy they are, whether they will or will not offer this service. You will need to contact the INZ London branch to see what they say.

I sent my passport(s) to Beijing (first blue sticker) and a couple of times to Singapore (transfer sticker). In all occasions, it took no more than 1 week, of which most of the time taken was due to the courier transport. Maybe 20 days is worse case scenario?

I have watched them printing the sticker and sticking on the passport (in Henderson branch) and that takes barely 5 minutes.

Just for your information christel, My passports were delivered to London branch on 19th Oct and Visa was stamped on 28th Oct. It took around 9 days for the process and with both way courier time to Sri Lanka it took 18 days. I think you can request to collect your passports yourself rather waiting for the courier.

I attended in person, by appointment, at the London office. Paid the levy, sat in a corridor while they put the visas in the passport. A bit of an anticlimax really, but we went for a celebratory meal afterwards.

Thanks all - that is very helpful!