Thread: Passport

Default Passport

Hi all, I'm sending my application off next week for a 3 year work visa, assuming it'll take 8 weeks I won't have everything back by Christmas. Only problem is I'm planning on going on holiday to Bali over Christmas. Is there any way I can request passport back before a decision is made? Many thanks

Yes, it's fine. You just ask for it. They only need to tick a list to say they have seen it, at this stage. They will need it again to stick the visa in at the end of the process.

Thank you. How long does it take to be returned? On a tight schedule with it!

Not predictable. The sooner you ask, saying that it's urgent, the sooner (we hope for you) someone will do it - it's not a routine job, just someone helping you out.

do you need to send your application in now? When does your current visa expire. INZ would be returning any passports over the Christmas break, so you could perhaps just lodge with a certified copy of your passport at this stage, f you must lodge. (explaining that you are travelling over Christmas and returning xxxx).

Problem solved, before handing visa in I asked at the desk in the office and they did a quick certified copy for me. Let's hope their kindness resumes for my decision!