Thread: Indian community - NZ Vs Saskatchewan(CANADA)

Default Indian community - NZ Vs Saskatchewan(CANADA)

I received PR status for NZ.

I also received PR status to be within Saskatchewan province(CANADA). I can move out(if required) to other province(like Ontario) after receiving PR card.

This is a family VISA for three of us. Me/spouse/daughter are muslims, by religion. Currently located in INDIA.

From aspect of my job & old age pension benefits, both places are equally good.

From climate aspect, NZ is **much better** than Saskatchewan. Climate is a big concern in Saskatchewan. I am OK to adjust with the climate of Saskatchewan.

From Cost of living aspect, Saskatchewan is **better** than NZ, as mentioned here: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...city2=Auckland

But,

I would like to understand the presence of Indian community in both places.

How active and lovable is Indian community in NZ and Saskatchewan?
    Based on this aspect, I would like to take a decision, to pick my destination.

In most places, if not all, the Indian communities are well respected because of their work ethic.

There is a sizable presence of Indians in major cities such as Auckland and Wellington, and there many community groups and associations which celebrates all major festivals and you can make new friends easily.

Climate wise, North Island is slightly warmer than South and that's why I prefer Auckland to Wellington. But employment wise (in terms of job market and salaries), you would be better off in Canada.

Hello! I'm a Canadian guy living in Auckland. I'm not from Saskatchewan, but I have a lot of friends there. Both Saskatoon and Regina have decent sized south asian and muslim communities. Here's a link for the Regina association; and here's another for Saskatoon. Saskatoon is cold in winter, but you'll be prepared: housing will be built to a very high standard, vehicles are well suited to snow and ice. You will be need some new winter clothes, of course.

I live in New Windsor in Auckland. Nearby Mt. Roskill and Avondale each have mosques. Many from Pakistan and central Asia. Some I assume from India too. But the south asian community is significant.

I would say Canada is more comfortable with multiculturalism and muslims. Auckland is getting better, but about a decade behind Canada.