Thread: Immigration requested more evidence - partnership residency visa -help!

Default Immigration requested more evidence - partnership residency visa -help!

Hi there,

I have applied for a partnership residency visa which was received by INZ (dropped off at Auckland branch, assigned to Manukau branch) on 5/10/15.

Yesterday I received a letter from what appears to be the Case Officer (says Immigration Officer on the letter) requesting more evidence:

“Please send the following:

1) Original or certified copies of further evidence spanning the entire duration of your relationship such as:

Evidence of Joint assets/Ownership of Property
    For example: purchase of car, house, insurance etc

Evidence of joint mortgage or tenancy agreements
    For example: joint names on the residential tenancy agreement or lodgement of bond with Tenancy Services, etc

Evidence of Joint liabilities
    For example, loans or credit to purchase real estate, car, major home appliances, etc

Evidence of Utilities accounts
    For example: electricity, gas, water, telephone, etc

Evidence of joint and/or individual bank statements for all bank accounts for the last 6 months
    If you do not have any joint accounts, please submit your individual account statements to prove that you are financially interdependent. For example: joint savings, cheque account/everyday account, credit cards statements, etc

Birth certificate(s) of your child(ren), if applicable

Correspondence (including post marked envelopes) to you and your partner at the same address

Letters of support from friends and/or family confirming the length and genuineness of the relationship

Note 1 – Please do not send in complete photo albums, CDs or videotapes. All original documents sent in will be returned to you by courier track pack.

Note 2 – The threshold to demonstrate that you and your sponsor are in a genuine and stable partnership is much higher for temporary applications, so provide as much evidence as possible.

Note 3 – Applicants and their sponsors will normally be requested to attend a partnership interview at a later date. If substantial evidence is submitted to demonstrate and prove your relationship, the officer has the authority to waive the interview requirement.

(Please note if any of the above mentioned documents is not under your joint names or cannot be provided, please still provide those as evidence with a letter explaining as why this document cannot be provided)

2) Please also provide us with a written chronology of your relationship signed by yourself and your partner (and date it) which provides details as follows:
    When, where and how you met each other
    Detailed history of the development of your relationship including
    Details of any travel together
    Details of shared common interests
    Details of shared future plans
    List the addresses you have lived together in during your partnership with approximate dates
    Specific details of any time apart since the commencement of your relationship and the reasons for any time apart

Send the requested information by 18/11/2015”

I have sent in statements (downloaded from online banking and printed) from our joint account dating back over a year - would it be best to bring these into the bank and get them stamped and resubmit?

I have sent in over a year's worth of mail addressed to my partner and I at our address (individual mail, not joint). As my partner moved in with me, I already had the lease with my flatmate, and the bills are all in my name. However, when we were applying for a work partnership visa last year, I rang the power company and asked them to add my partner to the account, however the bills continued to come in my name only. As I had already applied for the visa, I was doing it to have supplementary evidence if required. My visa was approved and I thought no more of it. Last night my partner rang the power company for a letter to confirm that he was on the account, however it turned out they had made a mistake and added him to the gas account (which I had closed a month earlier). They are going to send us a letter to explain this error, and that he should have been on the account since the date I requested, a year ago. Would this be helpful?

We've also been racking our brains re joint assets, as the house was already furnished when he moved in, so we don't really have any. However we found some emails discussing us purchasing a fridge, and the payment for said fridge coming from his bank account - would this help?

A further complication is that as my partner is currently in the midst of VERY expensive legal proceedings between himself and his ex regarding his daughter, we agreed I would pay the rent/bills while he kept up child support/lawyers fees etc. The thinking being it would be short term and that his daughter should of course take priority. However it has gone on much longer than anticipated so all rent/utility payments are still coming solely from me - could I explain this in a letter?

I can definitely include more support letters, photos, tickets etc. I had already sent in a timeline letter, but I guess it was not detailed enough. We will do another, more detailed one together.

Any more advice/answers to the above questions would be so appreciated!

Please submit the following requested information to our office by 9 November 2015:

· Further relationship evidence to show you and your partner have been living together for more than 12 months as follows (Please note many documents provided with this application are not certified copies therefore we cannot accept them for assessments. Please note all documents submitted in support of an application for residence must be originals or certified copies. Original documents will be returned to you once the application is finalised):

Ř Evidence of financial interdependence such as joint or individual bank accounts/statements, credit cards, loans or hire purchases, joint or individual wills, insurance policies etc.
    Ř Evidence of shared accommodation such as joint or individual homeownership, residential tenancy agreement, utility accounts bills and joint or individual correspondence sent to home address
    Ř Evidence of shared assets such as major household furniture, appliances, computers or cars etc.
    Ř Evidence of public recognition of your relationship such as support letters from your families or friends (support letters need to include the writers’ contact details).

Please be advised that you must show evidence to demonstrate you have been living together for more than 12 months therefore please try to ensure that furthest backtracking documents were issued 12 months ago to show you and your partner have been living together for more than 12 months.

In terms of the joint bank statements please provide the bank statements issued in Oct 2014, Feb 2015, June 2015 and Oct 2015. Please note the print out copies of the bank statements need to be stamped by the bank.

If you are unable to provide the above documentation requested, please provide an explanation in writing as to why.

This is what i was requested last week( only gave me 1 week to submit),, hope this will help you. I have already courier the documents. I didn't have the receipts for our shared assets cos i paid cash when we bought all the house stuff like fridge washing machine etc etc but I explained to him in my letter. Also i explained him how we bought stuff in bits and pieces for our house over the 2 years. For evidence bank statements has been provided.

All the things you have thought of sound good - it's exactly the right way to be thinking.

Also, I think this is probably a form letter, so don't be TOO worried that you have received it. Yes, they need sight of more solid evidence than for the work visa, but the fact that the work visa was granted shows that they do actually accept that you were in a genuine partnership.

I think, yes, get your bank statements stamped at the bank. It can't hurt.

Assets - they don't have to be large items. Any gadgets, kitchen utensils, bed linen, etc., that either of you has bought, and that will show up in your bank or credit card statements, that are for the use of both of you in your home, will count for this purpose.

And yes, explain about his legal fees and therefore you paying the rent. If this has been discussed with anyone else, maybe they could also write to INZ to say so.

Thanks JandM, we have also realised we have a joint Flybuys account and a joint toll account for my partner's car, so we will send these too. Thanks for your help, hopefully I will be able to update re a positive outcome soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ead89 View Post
    Note 2 – The threshold to demonstrate that you and your sponsor are in a genuine and stable partnership is much higher for temporary applications, so provide as much evidence as possible.
    1 They stated that the threshold for a genuine and stable relationship is much higher for temporary applications, but you were applying for residency???

2 Can any of the experts on here tell me if there is a difference in the threshold for a partnership to be considered genuine and stable for residency application and temporary applications? My partner was just granted a partnership based working visa and in a few months will apply for partnership based residency, so we would like to know if we can expect this to be easier or harder than the temporary application.

Ead89 hasn't been on the forum for over a year, so may not see your questions.

1. He applied for both in quick succession - in the event the work visa was granted, and then residence only a week later.

2. The basic stated difference is that for work visas, no amount of evidence is specified (though we know from experience that they treat applications with around 2 - 3 months' evidence seriously), whereas for Residence, there has to be proof of 12 months living together and joint activities and decision making. You need to keep collecting evidence connecting up the time before the work visa, through processing, and on, till you apply for Residence, and then still collect while that is being processed, because they will probably ask for more at the last minute.