Thread: Temp Partnership-Based Work Visa approved (from WHV)

Talking Temp Partnership-Based Work Visa approved (from WHV)

Since this forum was very helpful for me while going through the process, I just wanted to share my own experience as I just had my visa approved last week. Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences as I can confirm first hand that it is indeed very helpful!

Situation: came to NZ on a Working Holiday Visa to backpack for some months and met my girlfriend in the first month after arrival.

We started living together in July and applied for this visa (INZ 1198) in October after living together for 3 months.

I handed in the following documents:
    - both our passports (although I think only a copy of the supporting partner's passport is needed)
    - INZ forms 1198 and 1146
    - eMedical Certificate from an Auckland Clinic
    - Copy of police certificate
    - Copy of my current e-visa
    - Basic cover letter
    - timeline of relationship (showing key dates, created online)
    - joint tenancy agreement
    - some official documents received together at our address (power bills, car insurance etc)
    - my bank statement (stamped by bank branch) showing money transferred from her to my account for rent (we do not have a joint account yet)
    - hotel booking confirmation of a trip together
    - printed photos and facebook statuses
    - examples of gifts (+ receipts)

Visa was approved within a week and got our passports back the week after, absolutely happy!
    Funny detail: got almost all documents back by post, but they did not return the printed photos and facebook statuses? Could be that they did not need those?

Now we have time enough to enjoy our life together and apply for the next visa some time next year
    Last edited by SvenM85; 6th November 2015 at 03:56 PM.

good job!!did you apply at 3 months on the dot?

congratulations :-)

Applied just after the 3 months had passed.

Congratulations!

(Now remember to keep on collecting evidence, and don't lose the old evidence, as you will need all this for the residence application.)

Would you have any idea why immigration kept my printed photos and facebook prints?
    Seriously got all my other documents returned but they kept these. Not that I need them, I have digital versions anyway so can reprint for further applications, but just curious.
    With regards to future evidence - if I would apply for a Partnership-based Work to Residency visa after we have lived together for 12 months, they do require the same type of evidence right? So just continue taking photos and keep travelling together I assume

No idea at all, except maybe just to save them postage fees!

Yes, it's all just more of the same - bills, receipts, photos, invitations, mail, etc., for each passing week.