Thread: Partners visa

Default Partners visa

Hello Everyone,
    I'm thinking to apply my gf visa on my behalf, we lived 1 year together before but due to job commitment I moved to other city. We are living seperate from last 2 years but keep visiting each other on a regular basis , calling everyday .
    Documents I got to submit with application - 3 years old bank account , bank statements, car Insaurace , bus tickets to visiting each other , call details , supporting letters ,some letters on our name, online shopping bills, relationship history letter, photos, phone bills on our name.

I'm still living in different city but I'm moving back to live with my partner soon. I was thinking to submit application now, but someone told me to wait until I come back and start living together and then submit application with INZ.

Do I really need to wait until we start living together or I can submit application now and tell INZ that I'm moving back there soon.

Please advise.

Thanks

Your friend is quite right that you need to wait.

Partner-sponsored visas are only issued by INZ when they have clear evidence that people have been living together and sharing their daily lives, and they look most closely at the time immediately before the application. If they see you have been apart for two years, this looks to officials like a break-up of the relationship.

When you get back together, make sure you get very clear evidence AS SOON AS you are living together, then keep collecting proof of different kinds, even three or four items every week. Then INZ will take your application seriously after about three months. Even when your application has gone in, keep collecting proof, because they will usually ask for more evidence to cover the time of processing just before they issue the partner-sponsored work visa. Then STILL keep collecting, because you will need all that same evidence, plus extra time, to get up to 12 months' proof to be able to apply for partner-sponsored residence.