Thread: CO asked for more evidence

Default CO asked for more evidence

Afternoon all,

I submitted my Residence Visa family category (partnership) about a month and a half ago, and just heard from my CO this week. Originally was told it would be between 6 and 9 months.
    He has asked for more information to prove that we have been together for 12 months plus living together, we have sent it all off this morning. He required an email copy plus the documents sent via post.

My question is, if my CO doesn't think there is satisfactory evidence supplied again, will he deny my application, or ask for more info again?

The CO makes sure that he has all the information that would prove the evidence of your partnership. He would ask for some information if he feels he needs more evidence, make sure you gather some other evidences too which would prove the partnership. You can send them the documents at any time once the application is lodged.

Sandeep

Hi jnutbrown777

Do you mean, CO asked you to print out and send any email as an evidence of partnership?
    If so, did you certify those print outs? Were they just color or black and white prints?

I would like to know since I am preparing partnership evidences.

I understood from this forum that, CO can ask you for more and more evidences if he wishes; I do not think they will deny the application. I also read somewhere that INZ will make every effort to make the application successful; and the CO does asks for more documents as part of it.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jnutbrown777 View Post
    Afternoon all,

I submitted my Residence Visa family category (partnership) about a month and a half ago, and just heard from my CO this week. Originally was told it would be between 6 and 9 months.
    He has asked for more information to prove that we have been together for 12 months plus living together, we have sent it all off this morning. He required an email copy plus the documents sent via post.

My question is, if my CO doesn't think there is satisfactory evidence supplied again, will he deny my application, or ask for more info again?

Quite so - don't worry about being asked for more evidence. This is a normal part of processing. It can happen for two reasons. One is if, as he goes through your case, he finds there isn't enough information to allow him to tick off some point as verified. The second is that COs routinely ask for more partnership proof, to cover the time while the application has been being processed, just before they issue the visa. This is to make sure that they don't give a visa to somebody whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.