Thread: Resident Visa criteria??

Default Resident Visa criteria??

Hi I have have a question. If my resident visa approved on 1st Jan 2016 and and I just leave the country for 1 year can I return back to NZ on 1st Jan 2017 with the same visa? would my visa be cancelled after I leave the country for 6 months or it will remain the same condition for 2 years ( I have no intention to apply for Permanent Resident visa after 2 years ) Thanks

Yes, if you had once been in NZ on 1st January 2016 to activate your visa, or if you were living there when it was issued, then you left for a year, you would be able to re-enter the country after that one year, because you have travel conditions for TWO years that start running when your residence visa is activated.

hey admin,
    sorry man just wondering how can we post a new forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jag47 View Post
    hey admin,
    sorry man just wondering how can we post a new forum
    To start a new thread, you begin from the home page. http://www.enz.org/forum/forum.php

You choose which forum your thread fits in with out of all those listed, and click to open it - say Immigration - so you see the list of threads there, like this. http://www.enz.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Then you look to the top left of that page, a little way down from the ENZ in the corner, and you will see a blue radio button labelled +Post New Thread. Click on that, and the boxes will open up for you to name your thread and make the first post.

hi Jand, could you please shade some light on the steps what CO generally follows when he / she receives an application for PRV after completing 2 years in NZ? I was told the initial assessment is done on my visa application and pretty close, will take few more days. Not sure what does it mean though.

They check your evidence. My guess would be that the time between application and grant is mostly due to your file waiting its turn behind others who applied just before you.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    They check your evidence. My guess would be that the time between application and grant is mostly due to your file waiting its turn behind others who applied just before you.
    Just following on from this - does anyone have any idea how long it (usually, and roughly!) takes for PRV applications to work through the system - and also what impact Christmas/New Year has on this?

Our travel conditions expire week before Christmas (2 years after resident visa grant), and hubby is likely to need to travel to Aus for work in early January....little worried that we wont be able to get PRV through in time, but not wild about having to do two applications to get travel condition extension in the interim before then doing PRV.