Thread: ITA documents

Default ITA documents

Hi all,

It's great to find this forum. I've received ITA for residence under SMC from Shanghai branch and am preparing the documents and having some questions/concerns below. I would be grateful if you can help advice me with the below:

1) I graduated from a New Zealand university, so do I need to send my original degree and transcripts ? or should a certified copy of my degree and original transcripts be sufficient?

2) Is it necessary that the contact persons of the previous employers on ITA have to be the same with the one that acknowledge on the work experience? This is because when I did my EOI, I put my previous bosses as contact persons, but most of them have been resigned from the company that we used to work. In that case, should I contact my ex-workplace and ask for the contact of current HR? Should I amend the details on ITA Application?

3) Some of the work evidence are in email form; however, can anyone advise me how to get the emails certified?

1. Have you seen this? http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42616.htm And it can be either a certified copy of the certificate, or the original plus a photocopy (they would return the original).

2. Whoever you have to give evidence should preferably be someone who personally knew you, and who will be available at the contact details given during the time of processing of your application, because INZ will need to check with them that they genuinely did supply the evidence themself. Using your old bosses is fine.

3. Contact the person again, and ask them to mail you a signed version of what they previously said by email.

Thanks a lot for your advice, JandM. Yes, I'm aware of the Qualification Overview report and I should get my degree certified rather than sending the original.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    1. Have you seen this? http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42616.htm And it can be either a certified copy of the certificate, or the original plus a photocopy (they would return the original).

2. Whoever you have to give evidence should preferably be someone who personally knew you, and who will be available at the contact details given during the time of processing of your application, because INZ will need to check with them that they genuinely did supply the evidence themself. Using your old bosses is fine.

3. Contact the person again, and ask them to mail you a signed version of what they previously said by email.

Hi JandM,
    Further to my English requirements, since I graduated from a NZ university with course taught entirely in English, would my degree & transcripts be sufficient to prove or do I have to get a separate letter from the university to confirm about this?
    Also, to prove my work experience, I have all the contracts with job title as the skill claimed. However, I don't have a job description with this; then I had asked my ex-bosses to issue a reference letter to confirm the tasks I performed. Do you think that is ok?
    Thanks again for your advice.

You have to get a separate letter from the university, stating that you (full name and date of birth), attended to study (whatever) course between this date and that date, and successfully graduated on (whatever date), with the whole course having been delivered in English.

And yes, getting a letter with the job description on will be fine. Make sure that the boss, or colleague, you get to write for you will be available at the contact details given while your application is being processed, because INZ will want to check that they genuinely did write the letter you have submitted.

Thank you, JandM for your valuable advice. Anyway, I just still don't understand/know why INZ require the letter from the university if I have evidence such as the degree and transcripts to prove I attended the course there. Do you have any idea why they need this letter? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You have to get a separate letter from the university, stating that you (full name and date of birth), attended to study (whatever) course between this date and that date, and successfully graduated on (whatever date), with the whole course having been delivered in English.

And yes, getting a letter with the job description on will be fine. Make sure that the boss, or colleague, you get to write for you will be available at the contact details given while your application is being processed, because INZ will want to check that they genuinely did write the letter you have submitted.