Thread: Leaving out work experience on EOI

Default Leaving out work experience on EOI

Hi everyone,

Recently I got promoted to a higher position in the same company. As a result I had a variation of condition work visa with it.

Now I'm filing my EOI, my question is whether or not I ought to put the previous position in section G (work experience)?

Without it I got 140 points already. If I added it, my points would be 145.

Thank you

Remind me, please, are you in NZ on a work visa at present?

Yes certainly I received the variation of condition visa in mid October, and the contract states the position will commence as soon as the visa is approved.
    So I'm now on that work visa.

So, as you hold a NZ skilled job, you only need 100 points for your EOI to be selected at the next draw. The only possible inconvenience that might arise that I can think of, if you don't mention the previous position, is that a CO might wonder about a 'hole' in your work record.

Well I think it has pro and con
    - Pro: Fewer documents will be required if I don't claim work experience.
    - Con: Yeah like you said it wouldn't sound nice without the previous position. If the CO makes a huge deal of it, (s)he may even require a lot more documents. I hope it's not the case.

However I think I'm gonna put it Hope it goes well on Wednesday.

Thank you very much for your help

Hello JandM,

Just note on your reply below and refer to my case. Before my current position, I had a position with one company with only 4 months and then I quited because I didn't find it was suitable for me. During EOI, I didn't mention about this period because I think it was too short and the title of the job was not so relevant to the claimed skill, so I just ignored. Even so, my Social Insurance contribution history (a work record which I intend to submit as evidence of working experience) shows that period. Without that 4 months, I still have more than 10 years of working experience in my claimed skill area. Do you foresee any problem about this? Do you think I should write a letter to explain together with my documents? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    So, as you hold a NZ skilled job, you only need 100 points for your EOI to be selected at the next draw. The only possible inconvenience that might arise that I can think of, if you don't mention the previous position, is that a CO might wonder about a 'hole' in your work record.

Quote Originally Posted by KandT View Post
    Hello JandM,

Just note on your reply below and refer to my case. Before my current position, I had a position with one company with only 4 months and then I quited because I didn't find it was suitable for me. During EOI, I didn't mention about this period because I think it was too short and the title of the job was not so relevant to the claimed skill, so I just ignored. Even so, my Social Insurance contribution history (a work record which I intend to submit as evidence of working experience) shows that period. Without that 4 months, I still have more than 10 years of working experience in my claimed skill area. Do you foresee any problem about this? Do you think I should write a letter to explain together with my documents? Thanks
    Of course no.
    For you, it's 4 months out of 10 years of experience
    For me, it's 1 years out of 1.5 years of experience. And during that 1.5 years, I stayed in one company only.

It's too short to be relevant to your claim anyway.

I agree with 110k.

Thanks to both l00k and JandM

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I agree with 110k.