Thread: English requirements for Partner

Default English requirements for Partner

Hi all,

Do we HAVE TO submit evidence of partner's minimum English requirement at the stage of ITA lodgement (I don't claim any point for my partner btw) or can I defer until they ask at later stage (maybe to determine the English tuition if do not meet the minimum)?
    My partner will take IETLS Exam soon but when the result is out, we might have lodged our ITA already.
    What have you done for your case, regarding English requirements for partner?

Also, if we don't meet the minimum English requirement for partner as of now (for example, less then 4.5 IELTS band) but a few months later (while they are processing the case, for example), we can take another exam and improve the result and send the updated result, will they consider the later or we will have to pay the English tuition? Does anybody have any idea on this?

Thanks

When you submit your ITA, you have to provide the evidence for EVERYTHING, at that same time. See Section K on page 14 here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf

I haven't heard what happened to anyone who improved their English score during the time their application was being processed.

This is the only mention I can find about this on the INZ website. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...apply/english/

Thanks JandM. My silly question. Probably I think too much

Quote Originally Posted by KandT View Post
    Hi all,

Do we HAVE TO submit evidence of partner's minimum English requirement at the stage of ITA lodgement (I don't claim any point for my partner btw) or can I defer until they ask at later stage (maybe to determine the English tuition if do not meet the minimum)?
    My partner will take IETLS Exam soon but when the result is out, we might have lodged our ITA already.
    What have you done for your case, regarding English requirements for partner?

Also, if we don't meet the minimum English requirement for partner as of now (for example, less then 4.5 IELTS band) but a few months later (while they are processing the case, for example), we can take another exam and improve the result and send the updated result, will they consider the later or we will have to pay the English tuition? Does anybody have any idea on this?

Thanks
    Try for letter stating that the medium of instructions were English , on other side keep preparing for IELTS. Later when your partner gets desired score submit it if requested by CO.

I meant letter from Collage/university etc to initially support your SMC application.

Thanks for your advice. I will probably ask for the extension to submit the English requirements (IETLS result) for partner only a few weeks later, while other documents I will submit ontime.

Quote Originally Posted by KandT View Post
    Thanks for your advice. I will probably ask for the extension to submit the English requirements (IETLS result) for partner only a few weeks later, while other documents I will submit ontime.
    Fine but, i think if you still have time(ITA deadline), than better to wait and submit all documents once. If you can't wait and realy want to submit application than submit something as evidence as i said letter from university/collage , even if it's not possible than ask for extension BEFORE lodging application so you can attach that in your ITA application. Normally application ONLY lodged if it's fully completed what so ever is claimed. In my opinion , If any document is missing , INZ won't lodge application thus your process shall be delayed. Rest upto you.

My suggestions are best on internet search and personal knowledge and not as immigration advise.

Normally application ONLY lodged if it's fully completed what so ever is claimed. In my opinion , If any document is missing , INZ won't lodge application thus your process shall be delayed.
    I agree.