Thread: Evidence that you have sufficient funds for General Visitor Visa.

Default Evidence that you have sufficient funds for General Visitor Visa.

Hello, I have applied the general visitor visa for my mother (not parent category). Today we received a letter from the officer asking the following document from my mom as she'll be sponsoring herself:

Evidence that you have sufficient funds available for your maintenance/accommodation while in NZ (equivalent to at least NZ$1000)

We submitted the bank book with the application but I am not sure if that was missed or not. And I am afraid to ask to slow things down. With that said, what else can we provide to meet that requirement? Will a bank letter verifying my mother has x amount of money suffice? She doesn't have credit card or anything like that. Just a savings account with more than qualified/required funds.

You need not be afraid to tell them they should look at the bank book. Not to tell them is more likely to slow things up, I think. But a letter from the bank, such as you describe, should also help.

(And I would be keen to know that the bank book is safe, and will be returned, so you are well within your rights to ask after it.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You need not be afraid to tell them they should look at the bank book. Not to tell them is more likely to slow things up, I think. But a letter from the bank, such as you describe, should also help.

(And I would be keen to know that the bank book is safe, and will be returned, so you are well within your rights to ask after it.)
    Hi Jane should we call them or reply to the email to talk to the officer about the bank book? It costs money to get the bank verification letter, which isn't a big deal. They also ask for onward pre-purchased ticket which I am currently working on.

Reply to the email - that way, you'll be in discussion with the officer working the case. Otherwise, phoning, you'll just get the general call-answerers, who don't work cases, and don't know the details.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Reply to the email - that way, you'll be in discussion with the officer working the case. Otherwise, phoning, you'll just get the general call-answerers, who don't work cases, and don't know the details.
    Thanks, Jane. What should I say on the email? I am just afraid it takes time for them to respond the email. We have only a week to response to that request.

I answered your PM.