Thread: Employee verification SMC

Default Employee verification SMC

Hi there, I applied for residence under SMC category in Auckland, New Zealand. Please see details below.

Eoi July 2015
    ITA 12/08/2015
    CO assigned - 03/11/2015
    Employee verfication done- 10/11/2015

Can someone please advise what would be the next step from here? I work in an IT industry. Thanks heaps..!!!
    Last edited by Udaywadhwani; 11th November 2015 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Udaywadhwani View Post
    Hi there, I applied for residence under SMC category in Auckland, New Zealand. Please see details below.

Eoi July 2015
    ITA 12/08/2015
    CO assigned - 03/11/2015
    Employee verfication done- 10/11/2015

Can someone please advise what would be the next step from here? I work in an IT industry. Thanks heaps..!!!
    It depends on what exactly happened in verification and what kind of verification has been done i guess and also depends on which role u applied as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
    It depends on what exactly happened in verification and what kind of verification has been done i guess and also depends on which role u applied as well.
    Hi Rockstar,
    Thanks for your reply.
    It's an skilled level 1 job in IT. The verification should have been fine. It was a normal one just asking what I do. Do you reckon I might have to face an interview? What questions the CO might ask? How long will it take from here? Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Udaywadhwani View Post
    Hi Rockstar,
    Thanks for your reply.
    It's an skilled level 1 job in IT. The verification should have been fine. It was a normal one just asking what I do. Do you reckon I might have to face an interview? What questions the CO might ask? How long will it take from here? Thanks again
    Personally i do not feel u will get face interview as telephonic interview done already, i guess they might verify your job roles and any other questions they may get from your interview with your Employer.once they do it then later on 2nd person check and then inform you of decision. this is what i know from whats happening to others .

Apart from making sure that the details of your job check out as being a skilled one, the CO will also have to verify the evidence of your qualifications and work experience, which will be done by contacting people to make sure the letters and certificates are all genuine. In between, while waiting for replies about all that, the CO will be working his/her other cases in rotation, so there is always time when you don't hear anything for a while.

When the CO contacts the employer or our universities to verify the qualifications, if there is no response from any side will he/ she inform the applicant about that or just keep silent waiting???

They normally chase the university or whoever hasn't replied. They don't usually tell the applicant (because, for obvious reasons, you're not supposed to be involved in verifying evidence that is about yourself).

Thanks JandM and rockstar for the reply.

My qualification was assessed from NZQA and I had submitted their report to the Immigration.
    JandM - could you please advise if you know why does the CO will have to take my telephonic interview once they have confirmed with my employer.
    I was told by Immigration that once a CO is assigned it takes maximum 8 weeks to finalise and make a decision on the application. Is this true? Any thoughts or advices.
    Greatly appreciate. Thanks

In matters concerning your employment, the CO has to check that what you are doing is a skilled job. S/He will get a note of your responsibilities from your employer, and perhaps ask him for more details arising from that, then afterwards will probably ALSO want to talk to you, to make sure that you are both saying the same thing. All this checking is because some people try to get a visa by fraudulently claiming they have a skilled job, when actually the employer is a relative, or somebody paid, who is lying for them, and they're only doing something very basic. This will usually show up if they talk to both people separately. If there is still any doubt, INZ sometimes do a site visit and see the applicant in their work place, doing their job.

No timings that INZ tell you can ever be taken to be absolutely certain. They are dealing with so many cases that there are hundreds of possible ways they can be delayed before getting to finalizing yours. That person HOPED, based on recent averages, that they would take a maximum of eight weeks to process your case. After that, it's down to luck.

Thanks JandM...