Thread: Doubts about NZ cities concerning a student exchange

Default Doubts about NZ cities concerning a student exchange

Hi guys!

I'm new here and for this reason I'm not sure if this part of the forum is the right place to post it.

I'm from Brazil and I have a bachelor degree in safety engineering. In 2016/2017 I'm gonna go to New Zealand for a student exchange (english classes and some course in my area of expertise), but I'm very confused about which city I should choose because all of them look to be amazing! The cities I've chosen are Auckland, Wellington and Dunedin.

At first, I was sure I was gonna go to Dunedin due to the fact that the city has a vibrant student life, but many people have told me that the city is very small and the weather is not so cool - Just to make it clear, despite I'm brazilian I don't care about cold and rainy weather and the city location (south island) attracts me a lot. University of Otago is also a favourable aspect.

Auckland due to the fact of being a big and cosmopolitan city has many advantages and student facilities, moreover the city lifestyle seems to be very cool and pleasant. On the other hand there are a lot of brazilian students there so I think it can confuse me a little bit during my english learning process.

After that, I've started reading about Wellington and I've fallen in love ever since. It looks to be a mix of both cities above. It seems to be a nice city regarding study and leisure activities. The city location, between the two islands, is also very interesting!

As I'm a 26-year-old guy I want to go to a city that has a good nightlife and good places to go nearby during the weekends. The Universities (Otago, Auckland and Victoria University) seem to be excellent and these three cities have many advantages. For these and other reasons I don't know which one I'll choose, it's a very difficult choice!

Could you help me with some advice about that? I'm really lost

I'm sorry for my english, probably there are some or many mistakes in the text.

You don't like the cold so stay away from Dunedin.