Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change Skill Level 1 to Skill Level 2

Default Change Skill Level 1 to Skill Level 2

Hi Currently I am working in Skill level 1 category. I am holding essential work visa.
    Earlier I applied my Residency on Skill level 1 but declined. I just saw in skill level 2 occupation list I satiable in one position.
    But I am confuse that can I able to move my skill level 1 to skill level 2. Can I get visa and later on PR if I change it ?
    Looking forward few feedbacks. Thanks Guys.

Can I just check I'm understanding you correctly? Do you mean that the job you're doing now meets the job description for an ANZSCO description that is NOT the one you applied under last time?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Can I just check I'm understanding you correctly? Do you mean that the job you're doing now meets the job description for an ANZSCO description that is NOT the one you applied under last time?
    JandM,
    as I understand dinestak1984 - he is working on a job in occupation described as Level1, but for SMC he want to apply with occupation from skill level 2, because his qualifications can be compared to certain occupation on level 2 list (High School degree?) ... Obviously not related to his current employment ...
    I believe he can submit SMC application - separate one, not related to his current employment, so he can't count any points for ongoing NZ employment ... Also, issue - how will CO look at his situation, from aspect of qualification levels ...

Hi JandM,

Hi Admin,

Ok Let me more clear, I am working in company as web designer. I have studied level 6 which is related to web industry. Earlier applied for Residency under web designer skill with my five years experience as designer as freelancer. But Immigration was not satisfy with my experience and they said i have level 6 study so in skill level 1 I need minimum 5 years experience or level 7 or higher study to approve residency. No I Have to wait until my 5 year experience completed if I want to apply in same category. Now i found out skill level 2 has one job title which is web administrator which I am doing write now. so someone suggest me I need to re-apply my visa as web administrator or web master and than if visa approved I can go and apply residency again with this new title. But Now I am confuse with only one point. Can I shift my job from Skill level 1 to skill level 2 ? Is it safe to do ? Because my salary is high but skill is going to down.

In skill level I need 3 year experience or level 6 study which I have already.

Hope now you are very clear and give me best advice from you.

Thanks

So is your plan is first to ask your employer to change your job description, then your work visa, right?

Is your employer accredited? Otherwise, I'm wondering, as the job isn't on the LTSSL, whether the employer might be required to advertise it (labour market test), then you might be in difficulties if INZ decided there were NZ citizens or residence holders who could do it just as well as you.

So is your plan is first to ask your employer to change your job description, then your work visa, right?

Is your employer accredited? Otherwise, I'm wondering, as the job isn't on the LTSSL, whether the employer might be required to advertise it (labour market test), then you might be in difficulties if INZ decided there were NZ citizens or residence holders who could do it just as well as you.
    Thanks for your reply.

No my company is not accredited employer.
    Yes, He is ready to help me to do change my job description. If they need to advertisement than they will do it. I am in the company in the beginning and currently I am managing complete web department. I know all in and out of the company. So I don't think so they will get easily same ability & knowledge which I have in my position. I have 4 more guys under me. I am doing all administrator task for web department.I do all web master work including all the task they mention in ANZSCO description. Honestly I am not making my description I am exactly doing all the thing which mention in ANZSCO the only thing was that I was not aware about that earlier. And I apply under web designer category.

Let say if I apply visa again and approved my visa. Than can I apply straight forward for my Residency on new position ? Is my new application will be affect by last PR application which was decline due to my study and experience ?

Thanks

Let say if I apply visa again and approved my visa. Than can I apply straight forward for my Residency on new position ?
    If the work visa went through, then yes, you could apply for residence.
    Is my new application will be affect by last PR application which was decline due to my study and experience ?
    No, the fact that your last application was not successful would not affect the new application - it would be assessed entirely afresh. (Notice, when you apply under SMC, the visa you get if successful is Residence. PR is a different visa that you can get after two years (minimum) as a resident.)

If the work visa went through, then yes, you could apply for residence.
    No, the fact that your last application was not successful would not affect the new application - it would be assessed entirely afresh. (Notice, when you apply under SMC, the visa you get if successful is Residence. PR is a different visa that you can get after two years (minimum) as a resident.)
    Thanks JandM for your reply.

I just have one more confusion. In this link
    http://skillshortages.immigration.go...-administrator
    its shows me min. Five year experience required if study below level 7

IN other end anzsco website
    http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....B?opendocument
    Shows me min three years

Which one I need to follow ?

Best Regards,

At the first link:
    A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    OR
    The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    OR
    The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
    OR
    Five years of relevant work experience.
    Notice, all the lines are followed by 'OR', which shows you only need to meet ONE of those conditions.

The first one says this.
    A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    And ANZSCO says this.
    In New Zealand:

NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
    And you have said that your qualification has been recognized as a Level 2, so that appears to match up.

Also at the first link, the second condition is this.
    The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    , and ANZSCO says this.

At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above.
    So you match that requirement as well, I think.

In any case, the first link's mention of five years' experience ONLY applies IF the applicant does not match any of the other conditions, and it doesn't say anything about if you don't have a level 7 qualification. I believe you're overthinking this. If you don't want to wait out the five years' experience time to apply under your present job description, you appear to have the qualifications necessary to carry out this other plan. Though I still feel some caution about what INZ's attitude will be to the matter of advertising your own job out from under you.

At the first link:

Notice, all the lines are followed by 'OR', which shows you only need to meet ONE of those conditions.

The first one says this.
    And ANZSCO says this.
    And you have said that your qualification has been recognized as a Level 2, so that appears to match up.

Also at the first link, the second condition is this.
    , and ANZSCO says this.

So you match that requirement as well, I think.

In any case, the first link's mention of five years' experience ONLY applies IF the applicant does not match any of the other conditions, and it doesn't say anything about if you don't a level 7 qualification. I believe you're overthinking this. If you don't want to wait out the five years' experience time to apply under your present job description, you appear to have the qualifications necessary to carry out this other plan. Though I still feel some caution about what INZ's attitude will be to the matter of advertising your own job out from under you.

Hi JandM,
    Thanks to clear my confusion.
    If I apply for visa and if many applicant comes to apply. What is the best way to explain immigration that among the all applicant I am still suitable for this job more ?
    Best regards,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast