Thread: JSV offered, partner to apply to temporary visa?

Default JSV offered, partner to apply to temporary visa?

Dear all,

I have asked the CO during our interview and she stated that people in this field whom requires occupation registration in NZ will normally be offered a job search visa (E.Engineer).
    Then, when asked about partner to follow during the job search visa period, she said my partner can apply for a temporary visa. Has anyone got any idea, experience or suggestion on how to progress on for this? She is not going to look for a job until we have gotten our residence visa issued.
    Also we are from a country of visa waived to NZ as visitor visa, is it eligible for us to apply for temporary visa?

Frostworld

Wish you all the best frostworld, how was your interview,? Which branch you are dealing with?

Can the LIAs help with this one, please?

thanks JandM,
    Hi bsohel,
    The interview was great, although the voice is quite soft, but clear clean english. I just asked her to repeat when i couldn't get to know/understand part of the question.
    I did answer more than i should, which is not good, because she is typing the answer in files, so better to give a straight forward answer.

Question is from the post shared in this forum, nothing too particular, asked more about friends who can help with job search; occupational registration; been to NZ; place chosen to settle down.

Finger cross =)

Thanks frostworld for sharing your experience. Wish you all best on your coming journey

Hi All, I have been invite to apply for JSV under the SMC. In the email, CO does mention as below:
    - Evidence of sufficient funds for the maintenance and accommodation of you (and/or) any accompanying family members for a period of at least three months in New Zealand, AND for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand for yourself (and/or) any accompanying family members; the evidence should be certified copies;

Does this mean my partner which is included in the application can travel to NZ with me, or will she be denied entry into NZ?

Hope that you guys can help me on this. I have written an email to CO as well.
    Thank you.

The SMC JSV does NOT include your partner. You said in the first place your CO told you that your partner could APPLY for a temporary visa.

Quote Originally Posted by frostworld View Post
    Hi All, I have been invite to apply for JSV under the SMC. In the email, CO does mention as below:
    - Evidence of sufficient funds for the maintenance and accommodation of you (and/or) any accompanying family members for a period of at least three months in New Zealand, AND for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand for yourself (and/or) any accompanying family members; the evidence should be certified copies;

Does this mean my partner which is included in the application can travel to NZ with me, or will she be denied entry into NZ?

Hope that you guys can help me on this. I have written an email to CO as well.
    Thank you.
    Did they written the reason why they giving you JSV instead of resident visa?

*Ops found the answer in the 1st post
    Last edited by dom85; 1st December 2015 at 07:58 PM.

Hi JandM,

Yes, the JSV is only for me the main applicant. I mean what will happen if my partner travel with me in visitor visa? I am just curious why there is the option to show evidence of sufficient funds including family members (suppose she will be in visitor visa/temporary visa), and also since only me alone being invited in JSV.
    I want to make sure that my partner will not be denied entry into New Zealand when she reach the custom officer. Trying to make sure a temporary visa/visitor visa is able for her to enter NZ.
    Last edited by frostworld; 2nd December 2015 at 12:06 AM.

I am studying also the same case as per Yulius:
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48138

Has anyone (partner) applied separate visitor visa and successful landed in New Zealand?