Thread: original partnership evidence sent back

Default original partnership evidence sent back

hey,
    i applied last week for a residence visa under partnership at the london branch a few days later they acknowledged my application and send back ALL of the relationship evidence including photos ( on photo paper which i annotated on the back ) and boarding passes proof of adress etc . i dont understand did they copy the photos or what happened it seems they ripped apart my whole application that i neatly organzied and indexed. the annotations on the back are important too and i am afraid they missed that .

maybe someone can shed some light on this
    thanks guys

INZ don't archive evidence material. They just make a note that they have seen originals, scan them (this is why they don't like things to be in binders or books, and this is why they will have taken apart what you put together), and send them back.

Had you included copies and original evidences of partnership?
    Boarding passes, tickets etc were they all originals?

Quote Originally Posted by ice View Post
    hey,
    i applied last week for a residence visa under partnership at the london branch a few days later they acknowledged my application and send back ALL of the relationship evidence including photos ( on photo paper which i annotated on the back ) and boarding passes proof of adress etc . i dont understand did they copy the photos or what happened it seems they ripped apart my whole application that i neatly organzied and indexed. the annotations on the back are important too and i am afraid they missed that .

maybe someone can shed some light on this
    thanks guys

pretty much all of it was original like photos and boarding passes and tickets ... no copies included really
    i went through the process of getting an aussie partner visa through my kiwi partner and they kept everything even the original stuff so i was a bit suprised but ok .

Hi JandM
    In his case, the CO was not even allocated. Do INZ verify the documents even before CO is allocated?

I was under the impression that CO is the one who opens our courier pack and then works through the papers inside it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    INZ don't archive evidence material. They just make a note that they have seen originals, scan them (this is why they don't like things to be in binders or books, and this is why they will have taken apart what you put together), and send them back.

I was under the impression that CO is the one who opens our courier pack and then works through the papers inside it. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    This isn't correct. Clerks check applications to see the presence of paperwork which appears to prove the facts the applicant is claiming about him/herself. That is what has happened to your file so far. When a CO starts working the case, s/he will then set about verifying the genuineness of the evidence, and judging how well it applies. (When I say 'genuineness of the evidence', an example may help. Mr Applicant has perhaps sent what looks like a genuine degree certificate from XYZ university, stating he has a bachelor's degree in ABC subject. The CO will ask XYZ university if they did have a Mr Applicant who attended there at that time and passed the course. If they reply that he did, that's fine, and the evidence is ticked off as verified. On the other hand it could turn out that Mr Applicant has done a clever forgery, and he actually did a bachelor's in JKL subject instead. Or else he has faked his name onto a certificate that was actually issued to somebody else. The same sort of thing happens with letters from friends in partnership cases - the CO will contact Mr Mybestfriend to ask if it's correct that he wrote to say that his friend Mr Applicant now has a partner, Miss Immigrant, that he has lived with for six months.)

Thank you JandM for the detailed reply. It is clear now
    So "checking our papers" are done by clerks before it reaches the CO.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This isn't correct. Clerks check applications to see the presence of paperwork which appears to prove the facts the applicant is claiming about him/herself. That is what has happened to your file so far. When a CO starts working the case, s/he will then set about verifying the genuineness of the evidence, and judging how well it applies. (When I say 'genuineness of the evidence', an example may help. Mr Applicant has perhaps sent what looks like a genuine degree certificate from XYZ university, stating he has a bachelor's degree in ABC subject. The CO will ask XYZ university if they did have a Mr Applicant who attended there at that time and passed the course. If they reply that he did, that's fine, and the evidence is ticked off as verified. On the other hand it could turn out that Mr Applicant has done a clever forgery, and he actually did a bachelor's in JKL subject instead. Or else he has faked his name onto a certificate that was actually issued to somebody else. The same sort of thing happens with letters from friends in partnership cases - the CO will contact Mr Mybestfriend to ask if it's correct that he wrote to say that his friend Mr Applicant now has a partner, Miss Immigrant, that he has lived with for six months.)