Thread: Planning to migrate. Where and How to Start.

Smile Planning to migrate. Where and How to Start.

Currently here in Singapore and currently working as Software Engineer/ Computer Programmer. I am planning to migrate to New Zealand and bring my family along with me. Can anyone help me how to start the process? I don't have much extra to get an assistance from an agency so I am planning to do this on my own with the help of reading and asking friends and forums. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

First understand as much as you can of the relevant section of the INZ website. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ant/default.ht When it comes to trying to work out how things apply to YOU, this http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm is very helpful. SM6 has a chart of all the points available, and the other sections explain the exact requirements.

If you need to ask questions along the way, it is helpful if you give a link to what you have been looking at, so anyone trying to help can see the exact context.

Hi JandM, thanks for the links. Currrently going through these links and trying to understand it. While I am do my readings would you know where i can find a checklist for all the required documents that i need to prepare?

Required documents are broadly classified into below.
    0. Detailed cover letter outlining your below list of documents.
    1. Identity documents(passport/drivers licence/national ID card,birth certificate etc)
    2. Travel documents(passport/visa for SG)
    3. Education documents(school/university certs + transcripts, syllabus or course contents)
    4. Work Experience documents(Letter of appointments, Experience letter, letter indicating your roles/responsibilities in each role, payslips,income tax returns etc.)
    5. Relationship Evidence(Marriage registration certificate,photos,invitation,trips taken as a couple & its photos + letter of recommendation from family/friends, joint bank accounts, letters received by your spouse to your residence, tenancy agreements etc)
    6. NZQA IQA assessment if applicable.
    7. English Language proficiency(IELTS)
    8. Medical Check-up reports(electronically sent to INZ)
    9. Police clearance certificate for all the countries you have resided for more than 12 months.

hi @nms.sun3, thanks for the list of the required documents.

Is there any time frame for applying to SMC visa for the year 2016? IQA is not done yet .

No, there is no set time. Just put in your EOI when you have it ready.

Hi nimrod, welcome..!! After 5 posts you'd be able PM other members..