Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a ITA below points between 100 and 140.

Default Anyone got a ITA below points between 100 and 140.

Anyone got a ITA below points between 100 and 140. I submitted EOI and being selected two weeks ago. Unfortunately, some points cannot be granted due to some reasons.
    Anyone have same experience.

'Below between 100 and 140'? Do you mean they say you currently have under 100?

Sorry that I mean the points between 100 and 139.

At the moment, the only people getting an ITA who submit with points between 100 and 139 are those with a job offer.

Are INZ right about the points they have deducted? Isn't there some other proof you can give them to get those points back?

I am doubt for the EOI after 05/2013. If no one can be selected between 100 and 139 points. Why NZ immigration accept the submission. Why they aren't set the minimum requirement to 140 points or more.
    I think, it is not easy to get the job offer remotely.

BTW, additional bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area cannot claim if you don't have job offer.
    It is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by chanian View Post
    BTW, additional bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area cannot claim if you don't have job offer.
    It is ridiculous
    No, it's not ridiculous - it's the publicly available rules. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm And anyone who would be eligible for bonus points for Identified Future Growth Area IF they had a NZ job offer will be able to claim the same number of points INSTEAD for Area of Absolute Skill Shortage WITHOUT a job offer. (If there's anything you need to ask about those regulations, please give a link to the page, so that anyone trying to help will know the context of your question.)

It isn't EASY to get a job offer from abroad, but there are people on the forum who have done so - many of them after taking a trip to NZ to be available for interview, and to visit potential employers and agents to meet them and enquire after opportunities.

And INZ don't restrict submission of EOIs to those over 140 because those with a job offer have a perfect right to put theirs in with a number below that.

Hi all.. I have also ended up in a similar situation with 135 points and still waiting to get lifted from the pool. EOI was submitted on Oct 14th, 2015. So as to boost the chances of getting my EOI selected, one and only way is to get a job offer from NZ. I have gone through and applied for many jobs via trade me and seek but most employers were looking for applicants with 'valid NZ work visa/permit'. I'm totally dissapointed by the way things has turned over.

How did those applicants on NZ skilled migrant category with job offer manged to get one. I'm a mechanical engineer based in UAE working in oil and gas industry. Can somebody advise me how to get a job offer as my time is running out and EOI will be dismissed from the pool by April, 2016.
    Last edited by ksp; 25th November 2015 at 07:25 AM.

The vast majority of people applying from abroad who have managed to get a job offer have done it by arranging to go to NZ on a visitor's visa to make themselves available for meetings with employers and agents they have contacted beforehand, and also to call on other companies to leave their CV and show their face.

I think those who plan to submit EOI , I would suggest that you fully understand the pre-requirements in getting the minimum 140 points. I have completed IQA in April and still not yet submit EOI as I need to ensure all the support working experience and evidence completed.

Personally I think the points for future growth is kinda confusing which only applicable for those who getting a job offer.

For those who looking for jobs outside from NZ, you may want to ensure your CV and Cover Letter follow the NZ format.
    Last edited by moonrider; 25th November 2015 at 01:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast