Thread: Work visa timeframe application

Default Work visa timeframe application

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows the timeframe for work visa application? My partner (main applicant, and me under his sponsorship) applied the same time together on 21/10 and now it's been almost 1month and status still pending. Getting worried and every time we called there's no estimated date or any other questions for us, they only able to tell us it's pending. A Senior officer only email us once about supporting doc and that's all, no other emails or questions from him after we replied. Can we direct email him to check about our status? Think our case under Suva Branch.

Thanks
    Last edited by Goldkey; 22nd November 2015 at 03:21 PM.

Here is INZ's own estimate. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/ Note, though, that all times given by INZ ever are only their best guess based on recent averages, never a promise. And if they have to ask for more information, which you say has been the case for your application, this is bound to make things take longer.

'Pending' is all that CAN go on the website. It just means you're waiting, because the checking of your application has begun but hasn't been finished yet, so there is nothing else anyone there can tell you. Even if you were able to get through to the official who asked you for more documents, he couldn't tell you any more.

The checking of documents involves a CO contacting third parties to make sure that the paperwork you sent is genuine. This means that, if those third parties don't see any particular urgency about replying, there can be a wait for each one. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. This is why EVERYONE spends long periods of time with no contact from INZ. These times are when the CO doesn't need any more information, and hasn't any news of a result to give.

Thank you JandM. I just received the email and it's finally approved! Now I can't wait to see beautiful Wellington soon