Thread: Need help.

Default Need help.

Hi I'm Roxanne from the Philippines. I have a partner whose living in NZ. We started our relationship last year September. Last December I went to New Zealand to visit her and meet her family for holidays. This year I planned to apply for visa under partnership but it got declined. Then I applied again under visitor so I can spent the holidays but they declined it again

The 2 previous visa application under partnership took 2 months before they decide and it so upsetting coz it took a lot of time.

Any suggestions regarding my upcoming applications?

Thank you.

Hello.

Nobody likes having to wait to hear the result of their visa application to INZ. There isn't any way to tell how long it will take on a particular occasion, because it largely depends on how many people have applied just before you did (so you'll be in the queue behind them for attention).

It sounds as though you are not being granted a visa because you have not spent long enough living together to qualify as partners.
    To meet the “living together” requirement for partnership-based applications, you and your partner must have resided together on a permanent basis. Spending brief periods together on holiday does not equate to residing and living together.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...tChecklist.pdf

INZ only accept evidence of people living together as proving a partnership. They are not allowed to take any notice of what people say about how they feel.

Unless your partner could come to stay with you for at least about three months, or you could both stay in some other country where you could both get visas, you are not likely to be granted a partner-sponsored visa. And now that INZ have seen you are trying to get a partner-sponsored visa but you do not qualify, they are not likely to grant you a visitor's visa, because they will suspect that you are not wanting to leave and go back home, which is the basis of a being a visitor.

Do you have a career? Have you looked at the possibility of applying for a skilled job in NZ, so that you could qualify for a work visa? If you don't have a skill, could you study for a qualification?

Thank you for that information.

I'm planning to apply again as a visitor for just 3wks just like what I did on my last visit to there.

I just recently quit my job but I have another job offer here.