Thread: Any IT Project manager in the queue ??

Cool Any IT Project manager in the queue ??

Hi Guys,

Just thought bringing guys from similar profession together. We may share our experiences and leanings here and I am sure many of us will be benefited

BTW I am an IT project Manager from India, with overall 8.3yrs of exp and waiting in the Q under SMC visa.

Your experiences and advises can definitely help me

+1 from Singapore.
    Have around 11 years of IT & Project Management experience with various international banks. Getting a IT PM role either from offshore or as new entrant to NZ is not easy. We may have to reduce the expectation and settle for a normal IT or ICT role before you can become a IT PM in NZ. I am trying hard to get an internal transfer via my current organization which is also turning out to be difficult. I can get transferred to Oz easily without having to have a PR but NZ office is not quite open as expected.

Thanks for your reply nms.sun3!

Are you already in NZ? I see good opportunities on job search sites for ICT PM role. But obviously until I am there, its tough to get thru anything.
    I have also kept that option open (internal movement within current organization ) but I am sure its going to be tough Thats the reason I initiated this thread ...

No, I m currently based in Singapore and I was in NZ during Sep to activate my residence and also to meet recruiting agencies. Yes, you are right about current openings for ICT PM but most of them are contract roles which requires immediate start date and also they prefer who is locally available when compared to an offshore candidate. I have plans to stay for another year to save some $$ before I quit and relocate to NZ to look for a job,

Hi,

My profile currently is also that of PM (overlapping w/what I used to do full-time, BA). My SMC is approved and yes, like nms, I read similar experiences. Not easy, lower expectations, even internal job movement within same company branch in NZ is quite difficult.

I am also saving up to go to NZ sometime in Q1 next year, say March or late April.

Oh I was quite positive looking at the job portals but guess I am ok to lower my expectations. However do you think the situation would be same for those who are in NZ already?I understand, searching a job sitting offshore is always difficult, be it any country. until the employer is assured that you will take up the opportunity at earliest and meet/interview you in person, tey are not going to trust you! hence my plan is to fly to NZ as soon as I get my visa approved. rest i leave it on time....an luck of course

+1 from Latvia, projects in area of electronic ticketing systems for public transport and contactless payment/identifications systems

My SMC is already approved online, now waiting for further information.