Thread: No Response From CO

Default No Response From CO

Dear All, I have submitted additional docs (Experience Letters) as requested by my CO on 22nd august(3 Months 3 Days) but I have not received any reply from CO after that, instead I received generic replies like "it is in process" for the 3 emails which I have sent in frequent intervals...So I am very much eager as my case is delaying and its almost 8 months since I submitted my ITA...

So some one here can please explain is it common or what I have to do in this regard.

About the CO - many of them don't reply to queries if they haven't anything specific to say. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

There is no point in keeping on asking the CO what is happening. You can't expect a kind of social, polite, question-and-answer relationship with them. They are concentrating on their job, and they will only communicate with you when they need something, or when there is something in particular to tell you. No communication means things are just ticking along as they should be.

Thank you Jand for your reply...I totally agree with u but as I told u it's more than 3 months since I submitted additional docs which is as equal to time required to assess a new file and 7 months since I submitted the ITA. Moreover, the CO is replying all my emails stating she will reply in few days....Hence, I would like to ask are there any cases which took this long to assess additional docs.

which is as equal to time required to assess a new file
    It would equal that, SOMETIMES. Some of the biggest delays happen when people the CO is required to see and tick off an answer from, for instance those who can verify your qualifications and work experience, just don't see any urgency about replying. Have you any way of checking if your referees have answered queries from INZ?

Hi Jand....As per the information I have , my referees didn't yet received any queries from INZ in this regard. Please advice what I have to do next....to wait for CO reply or to email her again(4th time) to get some update on my file.I would like to ask you, whether sending emails like this will effect my file negatively?

If the CO isn't actually working on your file at the moment, and she's concentrating on someone else's (which she has the perfect right to be doing, working the rotation system), it's bound to be irritating at the least to get the repeated questions from you. Of course, COs' working practice doesn't allow them to retaliate if they're annoyed, but when this is the person who has the power to HELP you get through the rules, nobody wants them feeling anything but good feelings when your name comes up.

As I said before, it isn't normal to get 'updates'. I remember an extreme case from the forum two or three years ago when an applicant kept on and on emailing their CO (far more than you have), and he got a message from the branch manager asking him please to stop harassing the CO, who was processing the file in the proper way.

Hahaha...Thank you Jand for the clarification in clear way