Thread: What this kind of job is called in NZ

Default What this kind of job is called in NZ

Hi there,
    My brother in law is working as an technician who assembling and installing/ maintaining all the equipment/ parts/ machine for HOSPITAL only. The degree he has completed as the Bio-Tech Engineer (not sure it is the right translation) but he said that the job he is working on is the best fit of what he had been educated from the Uni. I am wondering if there is any body know what kind of job like in NZ he can look forward. (job title?/ demanding?/ salary?/ opportunity.etc) PLEASE.

Something on this page of ANZSCO, perhaps? http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....+Professionals 233913 BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER, or 233999 ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS NEC, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by tamjimmi View Post
    Hi there,
    My brother in law is working as an technician who assembling and installing/ maintaining all the equipment/ parts/ machine for HOSPITAL only. The degree he has completed as the Bio-Tech Engineer (not sure it is the right translation) but he said that the job he is working on is the best fit of what he had been educated from the Uni. I am wondering if there is any body know what kind of job like in NZ he can look forward. (job title?/ demanding?/ salary?/ opportunity.etc) PLEASE.
    That sounds like the Clinical Engineering Department in the DHBs here. Try the DHB websites, they will have those jobs advertised. Don't know anything about salary, sorry, but have worked with clinical engineers in the past, so am fairly sure that fits the description.