Thread: SMC - Skill Level 1 Job

Default SMC - Skill Level 1 Job

Hi guys, i applied my residence as a Recruitment Consultant which is a Skill Level 1 job as defined by ANZCO. Below are my qualifications and experience

Experience - 3 years and 4 months (with the same recruitment company i applied my residence)
    Qualification - Advanced Diploma in Management Level 6 and a Diploma in Business Level 7 (studied 3 HR papers)

I logged my residence in May 2015 and a questionnaire was sent on 15 May 2015 to my boss and asked me to provide Payslips, IRD Statements and Bank Statements which was provided a week later.

In October 2015 i was asked for my Birth Certificate by my old CO which was provided a week later.

I got an email from my Immigration Advisor last week that my CO has now changed. The new CO rang me yesterday to checked if i have a Bachelors Degree to which i said no. Before i could say that i have completed Level 7 HR papers she hung up and said she was going to send a letter to my Immigration Advisor.

Does that mean my residence will now be declined as i do not hold a Bachelors Degree or is there still a case to be made to mix amd match my work experience and Level 7 qualification.

My General Manager will be happy to write a support letter to say that she can gurantee my employment for another 20 months to meet the 5 years exprience.

I had recently applied for a work visa extension under Essential Skills which was granted yesterday itself after the phone call until November 2016. I did not get a clear answer from my Immigration Advisor as he was in a conference. Before i lose another night sleep, i thought to post my concern on the forum to see if there is still any chance of me securing Residence.

Look forward to hearing back......

Official requirements.
    A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    http://skillshortages.immigration.go...nt-consultant/
    Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
    http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....+Professionals
    There's nothing in this to say that you HAVE to have a degree. I don't suppose you will get any sleep for a while yet because of this issue, but in your place I would still be thinking I have a case to fight. Of course you'll get your LIA on it as soon as possible. And of course, we don't yet know what she's going to email him about.