Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction of new fees

Default Introduction of new fees

I thought it worth sharing that I have done an analysis of the new INZ fees that come into force on 7 December. While most of the fees have increased, the change to the new way of charging for the Migrant Levy means that some people will be better off. For example, a single person applying for residence through SMC after 7 December would face a total increase of 17%. However, a family of four, would be better off by 19%. In case you have not seen the details, the Migrant Levy will now be charged per application, not per person. It will be $580 for SMC residence visas but only $280 for partner and parent category residence. It will be payable when you lodge the application, NOT when the application is approved in principle.

From the same date, Migrant Levies will also be charged on Temporary Visa applications ranging from $14 per student application to $38 for Work Visas, but there is a small decrease in fee for online applications, which keeps the increase quite small in most cases.

Thanks for the update. could you share the INZ url.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...levyupdate.htm and links off that page (As ever, Google helped.)

Hi. If you want to have a look at my quick analysis of the effects, go to http://wp.me/p3Xjgn-iW

Hi Karen, I just wonder if the new migrant levy will apply for people who have submitted their visa applications but will only get the result in coming months?

Hi Tchu! If a visa application was lodged before 7 December then the applicant will pay the existing Migrant Levy at the time the visa is approved in principle. The changes will only affect new applications lodged on or after 7 December.

Oh man. I was going to send mine off to Christchruch today. If I send it urgently via CourierPost so it gets there today or tomorrow (Friday) - do you think they will charge me the old fee? I also need to specify the fee I'm paying in my Residency application :/ How frustrating

OK... just heard from INZ. If my visa gets there tomorrow (4th) then I get to pay the old fee. Whew :/

Hi Surfmonk - does that mean it just has to be physically delivered to the branch by tomorrow? I'm in a similar situation myself, and particularly eager to avoid the extra fees as I'm only applying for a work visa to cover me while I wait for my residency to be finalised!

Hey Ead89. Yup, that's exactly what it means. I rang INZ and they confirmed. I just sent my application off now, so as long as you can get it to the branch by tomorrow you'll be charged the old fee. Wahoo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast