Thread: Wellington in January

Red face Wellington in January

Hi, everybody!

I hope you´re very well. My name is Nico and I´m from Argentina. I have a Working Holiday Visa that expires in May 2016. I have been in New Zealand in last May but unfortunately, while I was in New Zealand, my father fell ill and that I needed to come home and help him. He is perfectly well now; therefore, I would like to return to New Zealand in order to work.

I had a great time in your beautiful country and and I think New Zealanders are the friendliest people in the world! I fell in love with Wellington… What a beautiful city! I´m traveling to wellington in January. I have a degree in chemical engineering but I could work in anything else… I don´t have problem.

Can you tell me your view about looking for a job in January in Wellington? Can you give me some tips in order to find a job?

Thanks a lot!

PS Sorry for my English.

Your English is perfectly fine, Nico!
    All the best in your job search. Wellington is unbeatable on a good day!

Thank you "breeze"!

Someone told me that certain types of jobs and (many) industries essentially shut down for the holidays and, as consequence, January is not the best month to get a job in Wellington... Is it right?