Thread: ITA without police checks

Default ITA without police checks

We will have issues submitting one of our police checks on time, and we have been informed by INZ that the deadline to apply cannot be extended, but that we can ask for a waiver from the documentation branch if we can show that we are waiting for the report.

I have read about applications being sent back as incomplete and as a failed lodgement. Can anyone tell me what happens in those cases? Are you given a second deadline to hand in a complete application - and how much time do you get? And if you aren't able to make that deadline, will they refund the fee? I just don't want to end up paying the lodgement fee twice. Thanks.

what country are you talking about? Normally INZ will accept the application if you provide evidence that the PC has been applied for.

Ask your CO again if s/he could extend the deadline. We were waiting for the US one and had to extend it, I think they gave us an extra month.

As far as I know, an incomplete package will be mailed back and that's the last thing you need when the deadline is near.

This whole police cert thing may be different now I'm not sure but do check with your CO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    what country are you talking about? Normally INZ will accept the application if you provide evidence that the PC has been applied for.
    Thanks, Chris. We are in NZ on work visas and are applying through the Auckland branch. The hold-up is with US FBI records, as my partner can't apply through a channeler since he is not a "US person." I am debating whether we should send in our application anyway before our ITA expires, or if it would be better to start over and pay the $500 for a new EOI.

Sorry to hear your about your situation. We were in a similar position with NZQA assessment but Support officer declined to extend the deadline after multiple emails and phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    Sorry to hear your about your situation. We were in a similar position with NZQA assessment but Support officer declined to extend the deadline after multiple emails and phone calls.
    So what did you end up doing? Restarting the process?

Hi Breeze, thanks for your reply. When we asked the CO she said the deadline can't be extended but that we could ask for a waiver of the police certificates. I am not sure how reasonable that would be in our case. I am thinking we might as well send in the package before the deadline and just see what happens - my fear is that they will charge us the fee and not process the application, as it's quite a big chunk of money!

I got a delay on my NZQA. I sent a letter to my CO and she said the deadline cannot be extended but I can submit the other documents together with a proof that my NZQA papers are still being processed.
    I printed my NZQA online status as well as some proof of the documents that I sent to NZQA. Submitted this together with the "finished" documents. Good thing my NZQA result arrived a week later and was able to submit it immediately.

You should contact INZ.

Quote Originally Posted by parpalhou View Post
    So what did you end up doing? Restarting the process?
    I was ready with the other documents except NZQA results and fortunately NZQA came back a week later with their results. I managed to submit my ITA with one week left to the deadline.

INZ are well aware that non-channeler FBI requests can take anything from 10-18 weeks. Normally they will accept the application if you can provide evidence that the request has been forwarded to FBI (copy of documents and copy of courier receipt) . I'd be lodging your ITA before its expiry date. CO's have no ability whatsoever to extend the deadline date, but can accept application without actual FBI cert