Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drinking water from the tap

Default Drinking water from the tap

Do most people here drink water straight from the tap without boiling/filtering it? Also, how do I know if my water supply is coming straight from the pipes or if there's a tank holding the water?

No issues drinking from the tap with me.

Being Rural.I have tank water and a filter tap is essential for drinking in my opinion. If you get a water rates bill then you are probably on mains water .Look around your garden. Although our tanks are underground they are still visible by the lid of the tanks.If you are in rented accommodation ask the landlord /agent

we are on bore water and we drink it from the tap...all of our neighbors are on the same well. i drink the tap water at work as well.

There are a few places around the country where boiling the water is recommended but it is only a few. Your local council can tell you if it's necessary for your location.

Tap water since last 4 years...no issues.

Tap water since last 4 years...no issues (we are near to Auckland CBD).

In Auckland, drink tap water. House had a filter installed in the kitchen from the previous owners: we never use it. We do, however, recycle some of our grey water to water our gardens in summer.

In Waitakere (part of Greater Auckland), a lot of the houses have tanks, with their own filters fitted, where it's also okay to drink from the tap.

Just don't drink the hot water that comes from the water heater. I usually let the cold water run for a while before collecting it for consumption just in case there's residue hot water in the pipe.

I don't really know why, it's just such a shame having to heat up cold water when there's hot water readily available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast