Thread: Partnership work visa

Default Partnership work visa

Hello everyone,

My partner and I are about to apply for a work visa under essential skills. We are not in NZ, so once we get the visa we will travel. I'm quite sure that the medical from my partner will be referred to MAs since he got a diagnosis of beta-talassemia minor. So, If this happens could my visa be also delayed? or I would be approve first (if all goes well) and then him? Considering this last case, is it possible for him to wait for the visa result in NZ? That is, would he be allowed to enter NZ (due to our nationality we are allowed to enter for 90 days without a visa) and wait for the work visa result there? This way I could start working before he gets the visa...

Thanks!

Nico

If you ask to have your visa processed separately without waiting, they will do it.

I don't know what would happen if he had a visa pending, not decided, and tried to enter NZ as a visitor. I THINK it might cause difficulties. In your place, I would contact INZ and ask the question - but don't be surprised if they say he would have to wait outside the country. (The objection would be that a visitor is, by definition, somebody who stays for a certain length of time and then leaves the country to go home again. By applying for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, he has signalled himself as NOT wishing to leave NZ, but to live and work there, so he's not a bona fide visitor.)