Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC visa processing -Henderson Branch

Default SMC visa processing -Henderson Branch

Hi ,

I have sent through my application today to the Henderson branch.

Does someone know generally how long will it take for a CO to be appointed to a case?

I have sent my original passport along with my application, If i need the passport back for some emergency situation , is it possible to get it back?

I have heard about INZ officer coming to workplace to verify , if that happens will I be informed prior, because I could be out on site ?

Thanks for the help

Mine took 3 months to be assigned a case officer. They took a long time waiting for the NZ police clearance.

But thats just my case, yours could be better.

Yes, you can ask for your passport back if you need it (and then send it back again for the visa when all the processing is finished).

You won't necessarily be told in advance about any visit to your workplace. The same thing you mention - having the officials come to the office while he was out on site - happened to someone else earlier this year. In his case, the officials talked to the employer about his responsibilities. The employer told them where he was working that day, and they said they might follow him out there, but didn't in the end.

Hi JandM

my case has been assigned to CO and they sent a set of questionnaire to my employer and he replied to them as well as per information im working as retail store manager at a convenience store in this case do they visit my workplace or do they conduct any phone calls if so what could be the questions they possibly asks me please do advice me on this would be grateful

Thanks

Regards
    Amzar

Thanks JandM

Now that my documents have reached INZ. How long will it take for me to see it showing up on line?

Quote Originally Posted by amzar View Post
    Hi JandM

my case has been assigned to CO and they sent a set of questionnaire to my employer and he replied to them as well as per information im working as retail store manager at a convenience store in this case do they visit my workplace or do they conduct any phone calls if so what could be the questions they possibly asks me please do advice me on this would be grateful

Thanks

Regards
    Amzar
    They have the right to visit the work place and/or talk to the employer and you on the phone. The point of any conversations will be to check that you and your employer are telling them the same things about your responsibilities at work, to make sure that your job matches the ANZSCO description. Of course, if they call in, they can see you in action.

Quote Originally Posted by sandheep View Post
    Thanks JandM

Now that my documents have reached INZ. How long will it take for me to see it showing up on line?
    Nothing is standard about that. People put the information up online when they get round to it, so entries online aren't to be expected the moment something happens. But you should normally see something within a few days. If you didn't see anything within a week, then you would be within your rights to ask after your application.

so their main job is to check about my responsibilities at the job right

Hay guys
    Inz recieved my application on 1st oct. waiting for c.o. To assign. According to my information henderson brach take apx. 3 months for assigen c.o.
    Cherrs

Quote Originally Posted by amzar View Post
    so their main job is to check about my responsibilities at the job right
    They are also going to be investigating the company, to make sure that they comply with employment law, understand the law about employing immigrants, and that they are financially sound. But that will be between INZ and the employer - they leave the applicant out of it, to preserve the employer's confidentiality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast