Hi Everyone

I have looked in more detail for the medical requirements for me to apply for a family residence visa having a husband who is a New Zealand Expat wanting to return home and next year the kids are going to apply for their residence and passport under The decent rules waiting till Next December so our daughter can get a 10 year passport and we have 4 years till we need to leave. We are going for a holiday in two and a half years.

My situation is a bit worrying I have come to the conclusion I cannot pass the medical.

I have a number of medical issues.

1. Multiple sclerosis, relapsing and remitting with slow secondary progression

Most of these drugs are cheap, catheters are reasonable I do have an injection that lessons the MS relapse and severity of them.

2. Gilberts Syndrome, Hyper-bilirubin anaemia (Too much bilirubin in my blood a hereditary complaint that has little effect unless I drink too much which I don't drink more than the occasional glass of wine and prone to iron deficiency anaemia.

3. Coeliac disease. I must avoid Gluten (I am a silent coeliac which means I have no outside effects but can get anaemic if I eat gluten by mistake or cheat doing so.)

4. Swallowing issues and acid reflux due to MS loosening the stomach valve intermittent Ranitidine treatment.
5. In my record I had a reaction to a drug (Dexamethasone )which resulted in tachycardia for about 1 month and a leaking mitral heart valve at the time. (Not considered bad enough to follow up)
5. I am obese due to steroid treatment and mobility

6. Mild Asthma = night time cough without inhalers.

Go on say it I am hypochondriac and not a chance of getting a visa! I have been married 21 years. I am half way through an open degree.

My medical records resemble an old telephone directory for a big city. My MS consultant of 15 years left last year and went to Australia now I have a very nice new one but not a lot of history I see him once a year unless in an active relapse which touch wood has not occurred since he started but I am just coming out of the last relapse 3 years ago which caused me to be so ill I retired from work as a pharmacy Technician (A job on the short term wanted list)

I do have a plan take 12 months to get as well as I can slim a but try and stay of the steroids and drugs that put weight on under the dietician and the GP instruction.

Now you see why I cannot pass the medical problem is my family are all set on moving to New Zealand. I have come round to the benefit for the kids and that the pace of life is better in NZ but I am afraid I will fail the immigration medical and not get a waver plus have no idea how much extra this will cost?

We intend to go for a holiday around July 2018 and emigrate about 2020.

When would you start to apply? If I got it when would I have to move? Would I need a professional adviser from the start? I was looking at a firm in Chester not to far away or would a New Zealand company be better? We are finished our mortgage next year and if my hubby stays here for the 4 years he can get his pension. I already have my own medical retirement superannuation pension. I had 3 jobs when I was young and served in the TA and stamp is paid into the state pension so financially we should be ok. I am qualified as an alternative therapist massage, hot rocks, auricular therapy, so I could even have my own business. I have been a youth worker and a school governor and never give up. I am back on the way up and I would love to get involved in voluntary work or an actual job in New Zealand I have so much to offer. To look at me you would see a limp and I keep going so no one knows how I am.

What would you do? When and any tips would be great thanks for bearing with me hope you are not now bored silly. Have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year even if you are just looking. Thank you.