Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for SMC Residence Visa result

Unhappy Waiting for SMC Residence Visa result

Hi Everyone,

Our application is through Shanghai Branch. Our interview was done last November 3, 2015. We have not received any update till now even though the CO told me after the interview that the result will come out within a month. 😔

Does anybody have the same case? What could be the longest duration for the result to come out after the interview?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello chocomallows,
    My application is also submitted to Shanghai branch. My interview was done in late July.
    It is now in the queue of second person check... More may refer to my timeline at my signature...

Hi,

That's quite a long time. May I know who is your CO ?
    My files are with Shanghai branch as well and done with the interview on end of Nov 2015. CO informed that within a month, I will be notified the outcome.
    Last edited by vitajaj; 10th December 2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo

Hi w&k,

Thanks for the info. That's a long wait ��
    Did you contact your CO officer that's why you knew it's in queue? Or they update you on each step after the Interview?

Hi vitajaj,

Yah, this waiting game makes me panic. ��
    Will inform you once I get an update. Please let me know too once you get your results. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chocomallows View Post
    Hi w&k,

Thanks for the info. That's a long wait ��
    Did you contact your CO officer that's why you knew it's in queue? Or they update you on each step after the Interview?
    I contacted my CO one month after mail the additional document. So CO told me it is already passed for SPC. After that, I email again one month later, and CO said there is a long queue. So I keep waiting with patient...

They will not update us after each step. But I also believe that it is not good to email them too frequently.

And there is no 'longest'. It entirely depends on how many cases went through the Shanghai office just before yours, and how many officials are active (that is, not on holiday or sick leave or away for staff training) in the 2pc department. Your file has to wait to come to the front of the queue, then it will get attention. The timing is not predictable. If some cases in the queue ahead of yours happen to be complicated, so it takes longer for the official to understand everything, then all the others behind just get to wait.

Thank you JandM! We'll patiently wait! ��

Hi w&k!

Thanks so much for info. Hope you receive the good news soon! ��

Any updates guys ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast