Thread: Need Advise if Retail Buyer is suitable position to get PR

Default Need Advise if Retail Buyer is suitable position to get PR

HI Guys,

I just want to know if "Retail Buyer" is suitable position to get PR. I have studied level -7 Business - Majors in operation Management. I had applied my file early 2015 as " Retail Manager" but was got denied as CO was not satisfied and I haven't appeal that. Its long story as it was my adviser fault.

Now I may get opportunity to get new role of " Retail Buyer" for the same company.

Please advise if this will work.

639211 Retail Buyer is on the list of skilled occupations. The question will again be , if there is a substansial match between those tasks listed in ANZSCO and what you do; and do you have the requisite experience or qualification?

Hi Chris ,

Thank you for your reply.

Hopefully I will be performing the following ANZSCO listed tasks and for long run. But my concern is I am still working with the same company from where my residence application was denied as store manager.

To monitor stock level and sales data and studying trade, market and manufactures’ information so as to keep inform of changing market condition.
    To negotiate purchase, supply and promotion arrangement with suppliers.
    To design and implementing marketing, promotional, display and pricing strategies.
    To liaising with management on sales promotion and long term planning.
    To establish working plans according to budget and seasonal problems
    To anticipate consumer trends and also determine quality, quantity and style goods to be purchased.

again it will be a question of the degree to which you do all of these things. Is this a franschise operation? You might then again struggle if INZ argue that those functions are performed at "head office" and you only follow a script.

its not a franchise but chain of retail stores under 1 owner. And i will move to head office as well.