Thread: Residence Visa Application Declined

Default Residence Visa Application Declined

Hi
    We are following the posts since some time and really it provides great information thanks JandM.
    we got a mail that our residence visa application declined.
    Reason given: You did not demonstrate that you meet LTSSL requirements. you have been unsuccessful in obtaining the required documentation from IPENZ. you have not declared a qualification that matches one stated on LTSSL.
    Immediately on writing to IPENZ they accepted to review KA-02 assessment again without any additional charges and asked to resubmit . we informed our CO about this immediately but still he gave decision the very next day.
    The reason given to decline is no qualification matching LTSSL. ANZSCO recognised my qualification and gave a code (233512) that is matching in LTSSL.
    We have called CO and he says case closed. Please kindly advise us what should be our further action as the appeal to tribunal is again very expensive.

If he is saying that the case is closed, I don't think there is any other course open to you except to appeal. And keep very carefully for evidence copies of the extra information you have sent - that IPENZ was reviewing their assessment, and the date when the CO nevertheless decided and closed the case. I realize that you may not like the idea of the expense, but at this stage I think you would be very much helped by going to an immigration lawyer.

I don't know what you mean about ANZSCO recognizing your qualification, because they don't have anything to do with members of the public - do you mean NZQA did an IQA?

Sorry to hear that, but as JandM has told you, you can appeal and provide the needed evidence. In Which branch your application is processed?

Hello,

Did you do IQA before submitting your ITA ? Did you managed to get a specific outcome ?
    In the LTSSL requirement website, it is clearly mentioned that you need to do IPENZ if you din't get a specific outcome in IQA. I am quite surprised how come the support/case officer didn't notice that you don't have the IPENZ assessment in the first place before they offer you the ITA ?

Thank you JandM for your quick response and suggestions. Actually Case officer send the mail exactly like this
    " Unfortunately we are unable to approve your application. We ha We have declined your application for residence because you do not meet the requirements under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC). We have made this decision for the following reasons:
    *We are not satisfied you meet List of Long Term Skilled Shortage (LTSSL) requirements, and therefore cannot grant you points in Area of Absolute Skills Shortage (AASS). This means you have insufficient points to meet the selection criteria from which your EOI was selected from the Pool.
    * You have not demonstrated that you meet LTSSL requirements. You have been unsuccessful in obtaining the required documentation from IPENZ. You have not declared a qualification that matches one stated on the LTSSL. ve declined your application for residence because you do not meet the requirements under the SMC."
    I have forwarded the mail from IPENZ accepting to review KA02 assessment and the next this mail has come. I have called CO and he informed me case closed but this was not confirmed by mail and all my documents will be coming back in 10days mentioned in the mail. The Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) by Engineers Australia assessed my qualifications and approved my qualifications equal to Australian bachelors degree which i have sent to CO before the decision. NZQA did an IQA and i have submitted along with the ITA. I am thinking of appeal to tribunal through immigration lawyer as you suggested after i got the positive assessment from IPENZ my KA02 assessments.

Thank you my application processed in London Branch

Yes Vitajaj I have done IQA before submitting ITA and required outcome has come. I contacted IPENZ for Chartered membership but they have given only Graduate membership and the same submitted with ITA submitted 02 Jan 2015, Case officer allocated in May 2015 and interview over in Jun'15 and work experience verified in Jul and Aug'15. In October received the mail from CO stating that "Unfortunately your application has come back from moderation needing more information. The moderator has found your IPENZ document to be not the same as registration. This leaves LTSSL requirements not met." Surprisingly this would have been noticed after i submitted my ITA before interview but unfortunately it was missed and after 11 months they have declined. I am not sure i have requested CO to extend some more time but not sure if he accepts this request after decision made.

The Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) by Engineers Australia assessed my qualifications and approved my qualifications equal to Australian bachelors degree which i have sent to CO before the decision.
    I think I understand now. This is some Australian arrangement. Although New Zealand uses the ANZSCO classification of work system, anything else ANZSCO does to check for Australian Immigration rules does not mean anything for NZ Immigration. The two countries are different, each with their own laws.

Quote Originally Posted by chilukotirao View Post
    Yes Vitajaj I have done IQA before submitting ITA and required outcome has come. I contacted IPENZ for Chartered membership but they have given only Graduate membership and the same submitted with ITA submitted 02 Jan 2015, Case officer allocated in May 2015 and interview over in Jun'15 and work experience verified in Jul and Aug'15. In October received the mail from CO stating that "Unfortunately your application has come back from moderation needing more information. The moderator has found your IPENZ document to be not the same as registration. This leaves LTSSL requirements not met." Surprisingly this would have been noticed after i submitted my ITA before interview but unfortunately it was missed and after 11 months they have declined. I am not sure i have requested CO to extend some more time but not sure if he accepts this request after decision made.
    I feel sorry for your case..yes IPENZ registration and membership are totally different. Membership is just membership you don't need to prove anything where as for IPENZ registration means, you would need to submit KA02 applicaton form along with Career examples, it's quite long form. The main purpose of this is to prove that whatever & whichever cources you have studied and work experence you have, have strong relationship and both are in accordance with washington accord.

As ambaloch87 said, IPENZ registration and membership are two different things. Did you managed to get KA01 initially before the ITA submission ?
    As you said you have your EA positive assessment, may I know what is your ANZSCO ? and from which university did you obtain your bachelor/master's degree ?

I am still trying to understand that with your EA positive assessment, you should have no problem in getting the KA01 assessment, both registration and membership. Because in my case, I have even clarified the same with my IQA assessment evaluator.