Thread: Partnership visa

Thumbs down Partnership visa

Good afternoon everyone,

I've recently submitted a Partnership visitor visa, because I need to stay with my partner for 3 months only I'll go for a partnership work visa.
    I've previously declined a visa by INZ, however, I forgot to declare that when I filled the partnership visitor form, now INZ tell me that this will become a character issue. I'm so nervous and worry now, my careless mistake has become a character issue, anyone know how can I prove that this is not a character issue of me to INZ?

And in the letter asking me to provide more evidences, INZ also says that I did not provide evidence of joint property, financial interdependence, public recognition of relationship, no sharing of household activities, no spending spare time together, what freaks me out is that I've provided all of them. I provide bank statement, joint account we used to pay rent, friends' letters, pictures of us cooking in our home, travelling. I have no idea what has goes wrong.

Looking back at your previous thread http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post526562, it looks very much as though part of the issue is likely to be the short time covered by the evidence you could give.

On that thread, I gave you the link to old threads talking about the amount of evidence that has been provided by other people. INZ require some solid proof of when a couple started living together, and then more, and varied, evidence that they are still together, preferably two or three things for each passing week. Experience shows that they tend to take a case seriously when there is around three months' evidence, running up to the time of application. Just last month, you were saying that you had only then moved in together in a way that you could prove.

About the character issue, this is absolutely standard for INZ. Whenever anyone signs an application form, it is a legal document promising that they are telling the full truth. And the regulations here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43627.htm state the following.
    Applicants who will not normally be granted a temporary entry class visa, unless granted a character waiver include any person who:
    in the course of applying for a New Zealand visa, has made any statement or provided any information, evidence or submission that was false, misleading or forged, or withheld material information
    So TO YOU, leaving out this information is a little mistake, but TO THEM, it is fraud, which is a serious offence. Asking for a character waiver involves writing a letter detailing what you did, and explaining the circumstances, and apologising for doing it, while saying that you are of good character now, and supplying character references from people of good standing in the community where you live, who know you personally.

Thanks JandM,

Yes I do know that we can't prove that we have lived together for at least 3 months, that is why I apply for Partnership visitor visa now, so that I can stay in NZ legally while waiting for the 3 months time until I can launch a Partnership work visa application.

And also, INZ asked for evidence of joint decision, I've no idea what exactly I've to provide to prove this.

The proof required for partnership is the same whether it's for a partner-sponsored visitor's visa OR a partner-sponsored temporary work visa.

Joint decision making is when you both co-operate to make a plan of some kind, and evidence of this is when you carry it through. Examples might be if a couple decided to landscape their property, and worked together to do it, or each put money into having the work done. Or if they planned a trip, then went and did it.

Sigh...this is such a sad news, I've been advised that it will do me no good if I go back to Malaysia and return to NZ again with a normal visitor visa.

Anyway, Thank you JandM for your helpful advises, much appreciated...

Hello, can i send private message to u? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ncel View Post
    Hello, can i send private message to u? Thanks
    If you make five posts on any thread, then the forum will automatically, after 20 minutes or so, switch on your ability to use PMs. After that, you click on anyone's username over one of their posts, and you will see PMing as one possibility in the drop-down box that will appear.

Thanks