Thread: Work Visa and Partner Visa Application

Default Work Visa and Partner Visa Application

Hi!

Got the chance to see this site as I checked on the possible implications regarding my health.

My partner for 12 years got an offer from an IT Company based in Auckland. He will be under contract for 2 years. We have arranged all the necessary documents for Work and Partner Visa.

He got an A grade with his medical and a B grade for me because of my family history of diabetes (both my parents) and BMI of 32.

I'm wondering if my health case will cause refusal of partner visa. I've seen in some thread that above 35 BMI is not accepted for Asian countries due to body type. I also got a normal blood tests for all others.

Regards,
    Melvs from the Philippines

If your medical is referred to the MA (Medical Assessor) and there is a long wait for it to be dealt with and for them to say if you have an acceptable standard of health (ASH), your partner will probably be given the choice of whether to process his visa separately from yours so he can go on and start his work.

Update - Work Visa of my partner got approval this morning, and mine submitted to MA... hoping for positive response next year.

Good luck.

Hi guys, I am going to apply visitor visa for my wife and after that will convert to work visa. This was like a arranged marriege and we spent around 3 weeks together. Immigration advised to fill INZ1146, 1198 and 1025 forms. But as supporting docs We have only

Marriage Certificate and pics.
    Immigration said I need to provide evidence like she will return back to India once they approve visitor visa. What other evidence or supporting letter I can provide to support my case? Any advise will be very helpful. Can anyone please provide some supporting letter formats who gone through same situation like us.