Thread: Residence Visa through NZ Spouse (Family Partnership Category)

Lightbulb Residence Visa through NZ Spouse (Family Partnership Category)

Just wanted to share. Applied Residence Visa under family category. My husband is an expatriate New Zealander. We live in Hong Kong and submitted our docs to Shanghai Office. We have been married for almost 2 years (by the time we submitted the application). Here is the timeline.

30 October 2015 - application submitted in HK through NZ Visa Centre
    10 November - Shanghai requested some more documents by phone (address proof for my husband)
    13 November - Submitted documents
    24 November - Shanghai requested for some original documents by phone and email
    27 November - Submitted documents
    14 December 2015 - application in principle approved.

Total waiting time - 1.5 months.

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2016. Good luck to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by minkiwi View Post
    Just wanted to share. Applied Residence Visa under family category. My husband is an expatriate New Zealander. We live in Hong Kong and submitted our docs to Shanghai Office. We have been married for almost 2 years (by the time we submitted the application). Here is the timeline.

30 October 2015 - application submitted in HK through NZ Visa Centre
    10 November - Shanghai requested some more documents by phone (address proof for my husband)
    13 November - Submitted documents
    24 November - Shanghai requested for some original documents by phone and email
    27 November - Submitted documents
    14 December 2015 - application in principle approved.

Total waiting time - 1.5 months.

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2016. Good luck to you all.
    Hi, ref to my message above...
    To update - I have renewed my RV for the 2nd time in early this year 2018. Unfortunately we are still residing in overseas due to my husband's work commitment and haven't got chance to migrate back to NZ. I am thinking of applying PRV next year around April 2019. We have been together since April 2014 and read this on NZ Immi site 'If your partner is a New Zealand citizen and the two of you have been living together outside of New Zealand for 5 years or more, you may be granted a permanent resident visa. Your partner will need to be either overseas when you apply, or have been back in New Zealand for less than 3 months.'
    Anyone here has similar situation and applied PRV from overseas? What documents did you have to submit? Would like to hear from you. Thank you.

how long did your partner live with you as an expatriate ?

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    how long did your partner live with you as an expatriate ?

We have been together 4 more than 4 years and he has been an expatriate long before then. Thanks